Download NUST Need-based Scholarship (NNBS) Advertisement 2014.
NUST provides need-based scholarships to its selected Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of fresh entry every year on the
basis of their financial need.
- The scholarship is for on Campus duration of the program in which the student is enrolled.
Categories of Award
The scholarship award is of two categories:
- Boarders (Full tuition fee waiver)
- Day Scholars (Half tuition fee waiver)
How to Apply for NNBS
- Students may
apply for NNBS on the prescribed form available on the website and send
their applications to the NUST Financial Aid Office, PGP Dte, through
their institutions during the stipulated application period.
- Selection of scholarship awardees is completed within 3 months of the start of the academic year.
- Students securing admission on open merit only are eligible for the award.
- Parents' / guardians'
income (from all sources) of the students should not be more than the
prescribed limit. The limit is enhanced each year to compensate for inflation.
- Continuation of scholarship is subject to availability of funds and good conduct of the student.
awardees are also eligible to avail any other scholarship that does not
provide cover for the complete expenditure of their studies (tuition
fee + Hostel + food expenses) like PEEF Scholarship, Support from W&R
Dte, PEC merit scholarship, etc. However awardees of HEC FATA-Baluchistan
Scholarship, National ICTR&D Fund Scholarship and other such
scholarships will be considered ineligible for NNBS.
Committee evaluates the financial need of each student on the basis of
his / her applicationthrough interview and determines whether or not the
candidates and their families have adequate resources to finance
education at NUST.
financial aid office is authorized to conduct physical verification
and periodic reviews of all the NNBS awardees of NUST during any time of
the year. In case of any misrepresentation / misreporting, the student
can be debarred from the program.
Details of Procedures Followed in the Financial Aid Office
Requests for Need-based Scholarship are annually invited in the months of September - October, from students of fresh batch.
Desirous candidates initially apply to their respective institutions through applications on the prescribed NNBS form.
Upon receipt of the NNBS application forms, the Financial Aid Office, PGP Dte, proceeds as under:
Scrutiny of the forms along with their supporting documents
Preparation of data sheets
for respective applicants to identify relationship between the total
annual income of applicants’ family, total expenditures and nature of
Allocation of points to
individual candidates on the basis of the eligibility criteria
determined in an interview of each student with the Preliminary
Selection Committee and after taking into account the following factors:
(1) Expenses on education of other siblings.
Evaluation / Verification of applicant assets and miscellaneous financial
(3) Status of the father i.e. alive or deceased, supporting the family or separated .
(4) Support from other sources.
(5) Financial standing other than income.
(6) Academic result and potential.
Recommendations of the
Preliminary Selection Committee are put up towards the NUST Scholarships
Management Committee for finalizing the award of scholarships.
(7) Conveyance expenditure etc.
Note: The NNBS application forms
submitted with incomplete documents will not be processed. For more
details, please contact Financial Aid Office, PGP Dte.