Dr Kashif Javed
DEPARTMENT OF ROBOTICS AND INTELLIGENT MACHINE ENGINEERING
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
H-12, NUST HQ, Islamabad.
PhD (Computer Science), Åbo Akademi University, Finland
- PhD - Computer Science, Åbo Akademi University (ÅAU), Finland
- MSc - Electrical Engineering with specialization System-on-Chip design, Kungliga Tekniska
högskolan (KTH), Sweden
- BE - Computer Engineering, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of Research Scholarship from Åbo Akademi University for PhD Research 2017.
- Recipient of Rector Scholarship from Åbo Akademi University for PhD Research 2015.
- Recipient of Research Scholarship from Åbo Akademi University for PhD Research 2014.
- Recipient of Ulla Tuominen Säätiö Scholarship for PhD Research 2014.
- Recipient of Rector Scholarship from Åbo Akademi University for PhD Research 2013.
- Recipient of Hans Bang Stiftelsen Scholarship for PhD Research 2013.
- Recipient of Hans Bang Stiftelsen Scholarship for PhD Research 2012.
- MS leading to PhD under NUST Faculty Development Program Scholarship (2007-2011)
- Awarded Turku Centre for Computer Science status (2011-2017)
- Recipient of four times Merit Scholarship for academic distinction during NUST Undergraduate.
- COMPPEC 2007
- COMPPEC 2006
- TIC 2005
Fault-Tolerant Systems: mode rich systems, modeling and verification, handshake protocol, service
- DEPLOY Work Package 3 - Attitude and Orbit Control System Software Requirements Document”,
Space Systems, Finland.
- DEPLOY Work Package 3 - Software Requirements Document for Distributed System for Attitude
and Orbit Control for a Single Spacecraft”, Space Systems Finland.
- DEPLOY – Software Requirement Specification, Master/Slave Software, Space Systems, Finland
- Need for Speed N4S-Program: Finnish Software Companies.
- Kashif Javed, Asifa Kashif, and Elena Troubitsyna, “Implementation of SPIN Model Checker for
Formal Verification of Distance Vector Routing Protocol”, International Journal of Computer Science
and Information Security (IJCSIS), Vol 8, No 3, June 2010, USA, ISSN 1947-5500, pp. 1-6.
- Kashif Javed, Elena Troubitsyna, “Designing a Fault-Tolerant Satellite System in SystemC”, ICONS
2012, The Seventh International Conference on Systems, pp. 49–54, IEEE Computer Press, March
2012, Saint Gilles, Reunion Island.
- K. Javed and E. Troubitsyna, “Modelling a Fault-Tolerant Distributed Satellite System”, COLLA
2012, The International Conference Advanced Collaborative Networks, Systems and Applications, pp.
35-41, June 2012, Venice, Italy.
- K. Javed and E. Troubitsyna, “A Case Study in Modelling a Fault Tolerant Satellite System
Implementing Dynamic Reconfiguration via Handshake”, ICSEA2012, The Seventh International
Conference on Software Engineering Advances, pp. 44-49, November 2012, Lisbon, Portugal.
- E. Troubitsyna and K.Javed, “Towards Systematic Design of Adaptive Fault Tolerant Systems”,
ADAPTIVE 2014, The Sixth International Conference on Adaptive and Self-Adaptive Systems and
Applications, pp. 15-21, May 2014, Venice, Italy.
- E. Troubitsyna and K.Javed, “A Structured Approach to Architecting Fault Tolerant Services”, ICIW
2014, The Ninth International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services, pp. 99-104,
July 2014, Paris, France.
- Kashif Javed, Elena Troubitsyna, “Ensuring Mode Consistency for a Complex Fault-Tolerant
Distributed Satellite System”. TUCS Technical Reports 1040, Turku Centre for Computer Science,
- Kashif Javed, Elena Troubitsyna, “Implementation and Verification of the Proposed Satellite System
Model for Fault Tolerance”. TUCS Technical Reports 1021, Turku Centre for Computer Science,