Hafiz M. Abd-ur-Rehman
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
MS Mechanical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), Saudi Arabia
- MS Mechanical Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), Saudi Arabia. 2013 -2015
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology (UET), Lahore, Pakistan. 2008-2012
- Research Interests: Heat and mass exchanger devices, Solar energy utilization, Energy conservation.
Solar Water Desalination
- Development of a novel humidifier for improved Humidification-Dehumidification (HDH) water desalination system.
- Development of a stepped solar still incorporated with phase change material (PCM) to enhance the fresh water productivity.
Solar Water Heating
- Techno-economic analysis for different types of solar collector for water heating application in domestic and service sectors.
Journal Publications as Leading Author:
- Abd-ur-Rehman, H. M., & Al-Sulaiman, F. A. (2016). Optimum selection of solar water heating (SWH) systems based on their comparative techno-economic feasibility study for the domestic sector of Saudi Arabia, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 62, 336-349. (Impact Factor 8.050)
- Abd-ur-Rehman, H. M., & Al-Sulaiman, F. A. (2016). An experimental investigation of a novel design air humidifier using direct solar thermal heating, Energy Conversion and Management, 127, 667-678. (Impact Factor 5.589)
- Abd-ur-Rehman, H. M., & Al-Sulaiman, F. A. (2017). A novel design of a multistage stepped bubble column humidifier for the humidification of air, Applied Thermal Engineering, 120, 530-536. (Impact Factor 3.356) International Conference Publications as Leading Author:
- Abd-ur-Rehman, H.M., & Shakir, S. (2016). Energy conservation opportunities and solar energy integration prospects in the residential sector of KSA. Recent Advances in Renewable Energy Sources, 21 -28. International Solar Energy Society ISES, Conference Proceedings, EuroSun 2016, Palma (Mallorca), Spain, 11 – 14 October 2016.
- Abd-ur-Rehman, H.M., Al-Sulaiman, F. A., & Antar, M. A. (2016). Experimental Investigation of a Solar Driven Multi-Stage Stepped Bubbler Humidifier for Humidification-Dehumidification (HDH) Water Desalination System, PowerEnergy2016-59209, Charlotte, NC, USA.
- Abd-ur-Rehman, H.M. & Al-Sulaiman, F.A. (2015). Mathematical modelling of bubbler humidifier for humidification dehumidification (HDH) water desalination System. Recent Advances in Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on fluid mechanics and heat & mass transfer (FLUIDSHEAT‘15), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Abd-ur-Rehman, H.M. & Al-Sulaiman, F.A. (2014). Techno-economic evaluation of different types of solar collectors for water heating application in domestic sector of Saudi Arabia. The Fifth International Renewable Energy Congress (IREC), IEEE, Tunisia.
- Heat and mass transfer
- Engineering Dynamics