Dr Mian Ashfaq Ali
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
H-12, NUST HQ, Islamabad
PhD,(Mechatronics Engineering), Hanyang University, Korea
- PhD Mechatronics Engineering, Hanyang University South Korea (2015)
- MS Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang University South Korea (2009)
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, UET Peshawar (2005/2006)
- Research Interests: Automotive Engineering,
- Vehicle Dynamics and Control
- Wearable Exoskeleton Robot
- Internet of Things
- Development of engine blow-by meter RAM-BB2, Patent
Application No: 854/2011.
- Development of engine blow-by meter based on micro
controller, Patent Application No: 190/2013.
Journal Publications as Leading Author:
- Ali, Mian Ashfaq, et al. "Lateral acceleration potential field function control for rollover safety of multi-wheel military vehicle with in-wheel-motors." International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems 15.2 (2017): 837-847.
- ALI, MIAN ASHFAQ, ABDUL MANAN KHAN, and CHANG-SOO HAN. "Potential Field Function based Vehicle Lateral Stability Control."
- Kim, C., Ashfaq, A. M., Kim, S., Back, S., Kim, Y., Hwang, S., ... & Han, C. (2015). Motion control of a 6WD/6WS wheeled platform with in-wheel motors to improve its maneuverability. International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 13(2), 434-442.
- Kim, C. J., Mian, A. A., Kim, S. H., Back, S. H., Jang, H. B., Jang, J. H., & Han, C. S. (2015). Performance evaluation of integrated control of direct yaw moment and slip ratio control for electric vehicle with rear in-wheel motors on split-mu road. International Journal of Automotive Technology, 16(6), 939-946.
- Khan, A. M., Yun, D. W., Ali, M. A., Zuhaib, K. M., Yuan, C., Iqbal, J., ... & Han, C. (2016). Passivity based adaptive control for upper extremity assist exoskeleton. International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 14(1), 291-300.
- Khan, A. M., Ji, Y. H., Ali, M. A., Han, J. S., & Han, C. S. (2015). Passivity Based Adaptive Control and Its Optimization for Upper Limb Assist Exoskeleton Robot. Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, 32(10), 857-863.
- Lim, D. H., Kim, W. S., Ali, M. A., & Han, C. S. (2015). Development of Insole Sensor System and Gait Phase Detection Algorithm for Lower Extremity Exoskeleton. Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, 32(12), 1065-1072.
International Conference Publications as Leading Author:
- Modelling and Simulation of Six Wheel Skid Steering Vehicle (6x6) for Development of Torque Control Algorithm, Korean Society of Automotive Engineers (KSAE) April 2009 South Korea
- A Study on the Motion Control of 6x6 Electric Vehicle with Skid Steering. Part 1: Torque Control Algorithm for 6x6 Electric Vehicle with In-Wheel-Motors., FISITA World Automotive Congress, 2010 Budapest Hungry.
- Evaluating the Performance of Rear Wheel Drive and Four Wheel Drive Electric Vehicle with Independent Front Wheel Steering, Korean Society of Automotive Engineers (KSAE) 2013
- Potential Field Function based Vehicle Lateral Stability Control, International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Signal and Telecommunications (CSST15) Feb 2015, Dubai.
- Mechanics of Material-1
- Mechanical Vibration
- Mechanical Technology
- Linear Control System
- Digital Control System
- Fuzzy Logic Control
- Development of Torque Control Algorithm for Multi-wheeled military vehicle. (Hyundai Rotem Company Korea)
- Electric Wheel Chair Line Tracking (CnR Lab South Korea)
- Engine Health Monitoring System for Light Vehicle. (Millat Tractors Limited)
- Engine Health Monitoring System for Heavy Duty Engines. (Pakistan Army)
- Engine Blow-by Monitoring System for Power Units
- Design and Development of Engine Test Cell. (Millat Tractors Limited)
- Installation of Central Vacuum Plant of Cigarette Manufacturing Machines. (Khyber Tobacco Company)