Scope of Lab:
- To measure the volume flow rate at various valve position using volumetric tank of hydraulic bench.
- To determine the density and specific density of fluid and demonstrate the capillary effect that occurs in various tube and plates.
- To determine the viscosity of fluid using viscometer.
- To measure the metacentric height of floating body and determine its initial static stability.
- Flow rate measurement with venture meter by Bernoulli’s Theorem Demonstration.
- Impact object of flat shape, hemispherical shape and conical shape.
- Determination of performance characteristics of Pelton Wheel hydraulic turbine and torque and power are to be presented as a function of turbine speed.
- To observed laminar transitional and turbulent flow and the upper and lower critical velocities at transitional flow.
- To demonstrate the basic operation and characteristic of centrifugal pump and differentiate the performance curves of a single pump and of two identical pump those are run in series of parallel.
Incharge of Lab:
Apparatus Name & Pictures
Series or Parallal Pump Test Rig