List of experiments
Liquid Diffusion Co efficient Apparatus
• To find out liquid diffusivity co-efficient.
Gaseous Diffusion Co efficient Apparatus
• To find out gaseous diffusivity co-efficient.
Liquid Liquid Extraction Unit
• To study the liquid extraction separations of liquid mixtures by contact a solvent.
• To recover the solvent used in L .L.E experiment of liquid mixtures.
• To determine the distribution co-efficient for dichloromethane, water, Acetic acid to show its dependence on concentration.
Batch Distillation column
• To check the behavior of following variables at constant reflex and total reflux.
• Heat power via distillate flow rate in batch distillation.
• Composition change w.r.t temperature change in batch distillation column.
• Composition change w.r.t time change in batch distillation column.
• To determine mixture composition by using refractometer.
• To determine the number of theoretical plates at constant reflux ratio for distillation column by using Lewis-sorrel method and find column efficiency.
• To determine the number of theoretical plates at constant ratio for batch distillation column using Mecabe-Thiel method and also find out the column efficiency.
• To calculate the number of theoretical plates for a given sample at total reflux and find out the overall column efficiency.
Gas Absorption/ Gas Purification Column
• Determination of hydrodynamic characteristics of a packed columns
• Identification of the flooding conditions as a function of gas & liquid rates
• Mass balance over a packed absorption column
• Determination of the mass transfer co efficient