List of experiments
Concentric Double Pipe Heat Exchanger
• To calculate the efficiency of a double pipe heat exchanger for parallel flow.
• To calculate the efficiency of a double pipe heat exchanger for counter flow.
• To calculate heat flux and overall heat transfer Co-efficient in double pipe heat exchanger for parallel flow.
Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger
• Comparison of efficiency between parallel and counter flow in shell and tube heat exchanger.
Bench Top cooling Tower
• Bench top cooling tower experiment.
• Effect of cooling load on wet bulb temperature.
Thermal Radiation Unit
• To show that the intensity of saturation on surface is inversely proportional to the square of the distance of the surface from radiation surface.
• To determine emissivity of radiation surface with different finishers namely polished, gray, and metal black.
• To show that intensity varies as fourth power of the source temperature.
Film wise and Drop wise Condensation Unit
• Film wise heat flux & surface heat transfer co efficient determination at constant pressure
• drop wise heat flux & surface heat transfer co efficient determination at constant pressure
• Effect of air inside the chamber
Flow Boling Demonstration Unit
• Demonstration of flow boiling within the tube of Flow Boiling Unit
• To demonstrate the circulation prompted by natural convection
• To demonstrate two phase flow with increasing vapour contents
• To demonstrate the effect of air on condenser
• To demonstrate the various stages in flow boiling including
• Convective heat transfer to sub cooled liquid
• Nucleation in sub cooled and saturated liquid
• Annular Flow
• Droplet Entrainment
• Complete dry out to superheated vapour
Thermal Conductivity Unit
• Calibration of thermal conductivity study unit
• Determination of thermal conductivity of liquids & gases