Engr. Muhammad Hasnain
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
IGIS Building NUST H-12 Islamabd Pakistan
Risk Management, Contract Management, Construction Project Scheduling and Economic Decision Analysis
MS Construction Engineering and Management
MS Construction Engineering and Management,
National University Of Sciences & Technology Islamabad (2013-2015) Courses cover a broad range of subjects including Risk Management, Contract Management, Construction Project Scheduling and Economic Decision Analysis.
Research Thesis: Best Value Contract Award mechanism: A multi-criteria decision making model for construction projects.
BE Civil Engineering (2009-2013) from NUST, Pakistan
Thesis topic: Estimation of Overhead Cost in a building project.
- Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
Best Value Contract Award mechanism: A multi-criteria decision making model for construction projects.
Estimation of Overhead Cost in a building project.
- Hasnain, M., Thaheem, M. J., & Ullah, F. (2017). Best Value Contractor Selection in Road Construction Projects: ANP-Based Decision Support System. International Journal of Civil Engineering, 1-20.
- Hasnain, M., & Thaheem, M. J. (2016). Best Value Procurement in Construction and its Evolution in the 21st Century: A Systematic Review. Journal for the Advancement of Performance Information and Value, 8(1), 2-1 – 2-21.
- Ullah, F., Hasnain, M., Thaheem, M. J. & Sepasgozar, S.M.E. (2016). Prioritizing best value contributing factors for contractor selection: an AHP approach in CRIOCM Dec 2016, Hong Kong
Teaching various courses of Management in GIS, Remote Sensing & Construction Projects' domain
Primavera Trainer (CE&M) – NUST (June 2015 – July 2015)
- Conducted Primavera P6 Professional training at NUST Institute of Civil Engineering (NICE), and taught the basics of planning and scheduling of project with resources and updating of on-going project.
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS & Workshops:
- Participated in International Workshop on 'High Performance Energy Efficient Building and Design & Construction' at UET Lahore, on 8th- 9th March, 2017
- Attended 3-day Training of 'Procurement and Contracts' and 'Introduction to Primavera' by Engr. Mazhar ul Islam, held at TLC (Techno Legal Consultants) Head Office on April 22-24, 2016.
- Participated in 1-day CPD (Continuing Professional Development) 'Sustainable Urban Transportation System' at NIT-SCEE, NUST in May, 2015.
- Participated in Construction and Safety Workshop held in NIT-SCEE in 2014.
- Attended the training workshop of Auto Desk REVIT by Dr. Salman Azhar held at NIT-SCEE on May, 2014.
- Participated in 1-day CPD 'Project Procurement and Contract Management' held at PEC HQ Islamabad on March 24, 2014.
- Participated in 3-weeks' training workshop of Primavera by Engr. Aneeq at NICE-SCEE
- Attended 3-day workshop of Public Speaking at School of Leadership in 2013.
- Attended a 2-weeks' Graded Course on 'Construction Machinery' at CTTI (Construction Technology Training Institute), Islamabad (June, 2012).
Planning Engineer at SMEC (Snowy Mountains Engineering Corporations) Pakistan (July 2016 – Present)
Preparation of Consultant Project Work Schedule on Primavera.
Involved in the preparation of Technical Proposal and Contract Agreement for following project:
- Supervision Consultant for Central Asia Regional Economic Corridor - Construction Supervision
- Consultancy Services for Feasibility Study for Construction of KAS Umar Khan Canal System
- Construction Supervision Consultants for Post Flood National Highway Rehabilitation Project (PNHRP)
- Preparation of Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridors 5 and 6 (Salang Corridor) Project - 01 Feasibility Study and Detailed Engineering.
Preparation of Pre-Qualification and Expression of Interest (EOI) documents.
Coordination / correspondence with management, inter departments, client and other JV partners for ongoing projects.
Letters drafting and management of necessary documentation of ongoing projects including Assistant to Employer Representative (AER) for Peshawar-Karachi Motorway (PKM) Sukkur-Multan Section (392 Km).
Contract Engineer at Techno Legal Consultant (March 2016 – June 2016)
- Procurement of Works contracts followed by FIDIC and Asian Development Bank.
- Involved in preparation of BOQs, tender documents and Contracts.
- Preparation of EOTs, delay in payment and subsequent suspension claims.
- Preparation of Change Order and claim of Changed Conditions.
- Formulation of Contract Brief of awarded projects
- Correspondence with Client, Consultant, Subcontractor and Supplier.
- Contract Management of DABS (Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat) project including:
- Preparation of BoQs,
- General client requirements for site office,
- Assessment of suitable Subcontractor.
- Preparation of work schedule on Primavera using CPM technique.
Trainee Engineer at National Highway Authority (November 2015 –February 2016)
- Assisted Senior Procurement Specialist in updating of PEC Documents for both Consultancy and Works.
- Involved in evaluation of Project Schedule submitted by contractors.
- Provided services to the Senior Procurement Specialist in preparing RFP for the consultants.
- Authorized to attend Pre-Bid Meetings.
- Responsible to attend Contract negotiations with the successful bidders and making amendments to the contract document.
- Involved in evaluation of PQ Documents of Works for the major projects including CPEC and PKM.
- Worked for the evaluation of technical and financial proposals of Consultancy projects including “Assistant to Employer Representative (AER) for Peshawar-Karachi Motorway (PKM) Sukkur-Multan Section (392 Km)”.
Primavera Trainer (CE&M) at NUST (June 2015 – July 2015)
- Conducted Primavera P6 Professional training at NUST Institute of Civil Engineering (NICE), in which taught the basics of planning and scheduling of project with resources and updating of on-going project.
- January 2015 – September 2015 “Graduate Researcher” (CE&M) – NUST
- Conducted extensive Literature Review on Best Value (BV) Procurement for Construction Contracts.
- Conducted International Survey for ranking critical success factors for BV Procurement.
- Collected and analyzed data of construction highway projects procured by NHA.
- Formulated temporal analysis of existing literature for BV factors for the period of 2000-2015.
- Prioritization of BV factors based using Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP).
- Developed a strategic multi-criteria decision making model (MCDM) based upon Analytical Network Process (ANP).
Internee Engineer (Planning) at IZHAR Construction (Pvt.) Ltd. (Nov 2013 – April 2014)
- Involved in site supervision and planning of the project 'School of Social Sciences and Humanities, NUST' on primavera.
- Worked closely with design group and others for the detailed design and/or to modify project plans.
- Maintained office records including daily reports and shop drawings.
- Organized necessary documentation of the projects including Material Specifications, shop drawings as built drawings, purchasing requisitions.
- Preparation of S-Curves and update on daily basis for the close monitoring of the planned vs. actual curves, Submission of the catch-up plans on the daily progress.
Internee (Civil) at Amanat Hussain & Co. (June 2012 – Aug 2012)
- Assigned the planning of project activities on MS Project of Foundation University Dental College, Rawalpindi.
- Involved in making shop drawings on AutoCAD.
- Adhere to work standards during execution of Project.
Internee (Civil) at Taameer Associates (June 2011 – Aug 2011)
- Assigned on preparation of Estimates and Supervision of Building construction work including Brick Masonry, RCC Columns, Slabs and walls of Fauji Foundation Hospitals.
- Ensure that Projects Personnel follow the Quality Assurance Programme strictly.