Engr. Dr. Muhammad Azmat (HEC Approved Supervisor, on Post Doc abroad)
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
IGIS Building (2nd Floor)
Water Resources Engineering
PhD(Water Resources Engineering,Politecnico Di Torino,Italy), M.Sc.(Water Resources Management,Center of Excellence in Water Resources Engineering(CEWRE),UET Lahore,Pakistan), B.Sc.(Agricultural Engineering, University of Agriculture Faisalabad, Pakistan)
Dr. Muhammad Azmat received his BSc Engineering degree in Agricultural Engineering in 2008 from University of Agriculture, Faisalabad and subsequently a Masters degree in Water Resources Management (WRM) from Center of Excellence in Water Resources Engineering (CEWRE), University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore in 2011. Azmat completed his PhD in Water Resources Engineering from Politecnice University of Turin, Italy. Currently, he has been selected for the one of the most prestigious post-doctorate scholarship under the program of “Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship” at University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- Water Resources Management
- Irrigation Engineering
- Climate Change
- Application of GIS and RS in Water Resources
- Snow and Glacier mass balance.
Muhammad Azmat, Francesco Laio, Davide Poggi, (2015) “Estimation of Water Resources Availability and Mini-Hydro Productivity in High-Altitude Scarcely-Gauged Watershed”. Water Resources Managment. 29(14): 5037-5054. DOI: 10.1007/s11269-015-1102-z. (Springer IF: 2.60)
- Muhammad Azmat, Minha Choi, Tae-Woong Kim, Umar Waqas Liaqat, (2016). Hydrological Modeling to Simulate Streamflow under Changing Climate in a scarcely Gauged Cryosphere Catchment. Environmental Earth Sciences. 75:186. DOI: 10.1007/s12665-015-5059-2 (Springer IF: 1.77).
- Sarfraz Hashim, Muhammad Afzal, Sajjid Mahmood, Muhammad Azmat, Hafiz Abdul Rehman, (2016). Performance Evaluation of Hose-Reel Sprinkler Irrigation System. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 1-16. (Springer IF: 0.77).
- Muhammad Uzair Qamar, Deniale Ganora, Perlugi Claps, Muhammad Azmat, Muhammad Adnan Shahid, Rao Arslan Khushnood., (2016). Flow Duration Curve Regionalization with Enhanced Selection of Donor Basin. Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research. Pp 1-15. (Taylor & Francis).
- Muhamamd Imran Khan, Dong Liu, Qiang Fu, Muhammad Azmat, Mingjie Luo, Yuxiang Hu, Yongjia Zhang (2016). “Precipitation Variability Assessment of North-East China: Songhua River Basin”. Journal of Earth Science System. 125(5): pp957-968. (Springer IF: 1.04).
- Muhammad Uzair Qamar, Muhammad Azmat, Deniale Ganora (2016). “Model Swapping: Comparative Performance Signature for Ungauged Basins”. Journal of Hydrology. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.08.012. (Elsevier IF: 3.04).
- Muhammad Azmat, Umar Waqas Liaqat, Muhammad Uzair Qamar, Usman Khalid Awan (2016). “Ensembling Climatological and Snow Cover Variations to Analyse their Implications on Western Himalayans”. Regional Environmental Change (Springer IF: 2.66) (Accepted: In press).
- Muhammad Azmat, Umar Waqas Liaqat, Muhammad Uzair Qamar, Usman Khalid Awan (2017). “Impacts of changing climate and snow cover on the flow regime of Jhelum River, Western Himalayas”. Regional Environmental Change, (2017) 17: 813. doi:10.1007/s10113-016-1072-6 (Springer IF: 2.92).
- Qamar MU, Azmat M, Shahid MA, Ganora D, Ahmad S, Cheema MJM, Faiz MA, Sarwar A, Shafeeque M, Khan MI (2017). Rainfall Extremes: a Novel Modeling Approach for Regionalization. Water Resources Management (2017) 31: 1975. doi:10.1007/s11269-017-1626-5 (IF: 2.84)
- M. Azmat, M.U. Qamar, S. Ahmed, E. Hussain, M. Umair (2017) Application of HEC-HMS for the event and continuous simulation in high-altitude scarcely-gauged catchment under changing climate. Proceedings of the 10th World Congress of EWRA ‘Panta Rhei’, 5-9 July 2017, Athens, Greece. Pp: 77-84.
- Soil MechanicsWater Supply and Waste Water Engineering
- Water Resources and Irrigation Engineering
- Water resources and management
- Applied Hydrology and Water Resources