1. Gul I, Manzoor M, Hashmi I, Bhatti MF, Kallerhoff J, Arshad M*. 2019. Plant uptake and leaching potential upon application of amendments in soils spiked with heavy metals (Cd and Pb). J Env Manage, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2019.109408. IF 4.865
2. Hina K, Abbas M, Hussain Q, Arshad M, Ali S, Rizwan M. 2019. Investigation into arsenic retention in arid contaminated soils with biochar application. Arabian Journal of Geosciences. DOI: 10.1007/s12517-019-4865-3. IF 1.141
3. Iqbal A, Mukherjee M, Rashid J, Khan SA, Ali MA, Arshad M*. 2019. Development of plant-microbe phytoremediation system for petroleum hydrocarbon degradation: An insight from alk b gene expression and phytotoxicity analysis. Sci Total Environ. 671, 696-704. IF 5.589
4. Manzoor M, Gul I, Kallerhoff J, Arshad M*. 2019. Fungi-assisted phytoextraction of lead: tolerance, plant growth–promoting activities and phytoavailability. Environ Sci Pollut Res, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-019-05656-3. IF 2.914
5. Manzoor M, Gul I, Ahmed I, Zeeshan M, Hashmi I, Amin BAZ, Kallerhoff J, Arshad M*. 2019. Metal tolerant bacteria enhanced phytoextraction of lead by two accumulator ornamental species. Chemosphere 227, 561-569. IF 5.108
6. Zahra Z, Maqbool T, Arshad M, Badshah MA, Choi HK, Hur J. 2019. Changes in fluorescent dissolved organic matter and their association with phytoavailable phosphorus in soil amended with TiO2 nanoparticles. Chemosphere 227, 17-25. IF 5.108
7. Rizwan M, Ali S, Ali B, Adrees M, Arshad M, Hussain A, Rehman MZ, Waris AA. 2019. Zinc and iron oxide nanoparticles improved the plant growth and reduced the oxidative stress and cadmium concentration in wheat. Chemosphere 214, 269-277. IF 5.108
8. Gul I, Manzoor M, Hashim N, Yaqoob K, Kallerhoff J, Arshad M*. 2019. Comparative effectiveness of organic and inorganic amendments on cadmium bioavailability and uptake by Pelargonium hortorum. J Soils Sediments. 19, 2346–2356. IF 2.669
9. Gul I, Manzoor M, Silvestre J, Rizwan M, Hina K, Kallerhoff J, Arshad M*. 2019. EDTA−Assisted phytoextraction of lead and cadmium by pelargonium cultivars grown on spiked soil. Int J Phytorem, 21, 101-110. IF 2.237
10. Zahra Z, Ali MA, Parveen A, Kim E, Khokhar MF, Baig S, Choi HK, Arshad M*. 2019. Exposure–response of wheat cultivars to TiO2 nanoparticles in contrasted soils. Soil Sediment Contam. 28, 184-199. IF 0. 992
11. Iqbal A, Arshad M*, Karthikiyan R, Gentry TJ, Rashid J, Ahmed I, Schwab AP. 2019. Diesel degrading bacterial endophytes with plant growth promoting potential isolated from a petroleum storage facility. 3 Biotech, 9(1).35. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/s13205-018-1561-z. IF 1.786
12. Rizwan M, Ali S, Rehman MZ, Adrees M, Arshad M, Qayyum MF, Ali L, Hussain A, Chatha SAS, Imran M. 2019. Alleviation of cadmium accumulation in maize (Zea mays L.) by foliar spray of zinc oxide nanoparticles and biochar to contaminated soil. Environ Pollut, 248, 358-367. IF 5.714
13. Manzoor M, Abid R, Rathinasabapathi B, De Oliveira LM, da Silva E, Deng F, Rensing C, Arshad M, Gul I, Xiang P, Ma LQ. 2019. Metal tolerance of Arsenic-resistant bacteria and Their potential to promote plant growth in Pb-contaminated soil. Sci Total Environ, 660, 18-24. IF 5.589
14. Hina K, Kanwal SS, Arshad M, Gul I. 2019. Effect of cadmium (Cd) stress of spinach (Spinacea pleracea) and its retention kinetics in soil in response to organic amendments. Pak J Agric Sci. 56, 179-185. IF 0.618
15. Rafique R, Baek SH, Park CY, Chang S-J, Gul AR, Ha S, Nguyen TP, Oh H, Ham S, Arshad M, Lee H, Park TJ. 2018. Morphological evolution of upconversion nanoparticles and their biomedical signal generation. Scientific Rep, 8:17101, DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-35513-1. IF 4.011
16. Rehman S, Adil A, Shaikh AJ, Shah JA, Arshad M, Ali MA, Bilal M. 2018. Role of sorption energy and chemisorption in batch methylene blue and Cu2+ adsorption by novel thuja cone carbon in binary component system: linear and nonlinear modeling. Environ Sci Pollut Res, 25, 31579-31592. IF 2.914
17. Zahra Z, Kim SY, Kim HY, Lee H, Lee H, Jeon JY, Kim DM, Kim DM, Hong SJ, Cho BK, Lee H, Lee CG, Arshad M, Choi HK. 2018. Phycobiliproteins production enhancement and lipidomic alteration by titanium dioxide nanoparticles in Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 culture. J Agric Food Chem. 66 (32), 8522–8529. IF 3.571
18. Rafique R, Zahra Z, Virk N, Shahid M, Pinelli E, Park TJ, Kallerhoff J, Arshad M*. 2018. Dose-dependent physiological responses of Triticum aestivum L. to soil applied TiO2 nanoparticles: Alterations in chlorophyll content, H2O2 production, and genotoxicity. Agric Ecosyst Environ. 255, 95–101. IF 3.954
19. Manzoor M, Gul I, Silvestre J, Kallerhoff J, Arshad M*. 2018. Screening of indigenous ornamental species from different plant families for Pb accumulation potential exposed to metal gradient in spiked soils. Soil Sediment Contam, 27, 439–453. IF 0.992
20. Khalid S, Han J-I, Hashmi I, Hasnain G, Ahmed MA, Khan SJ, Arshad M. 2018. Strengthening calcium alginate microspheres using polysulfone and its performance evaluation: Preparation, characterization and application for enhanced biodegradation of chlorpyrifos. Sci Total Environ. 631–632, 1046–1058. IF 5.589
21. Rashid S, Arshad M, Siddiqa M, Ahmad R. 2018. Evaluation of DNA damage in traffic police wardens of Pakistan due to cadmium and zinc. Sci Total Environ. 630, 1360–1364. IF 5.589
22. Rafique R, Zahra Z, Virk N, Shahid M, Pinelli E, Kallerhoff J, Park TJ, Arshad M*. 2018. Data on rhizosphere pH, phosphorus uptake and wheat growthresponsesuponTiO2 nanoparticles application. 2018. Data Brief. 17, 890–896.
23. Abbas T, Rizwan M, Ali S, Adrees M, Mahmood A, Zia-Ur-Rehman M, Ibrahim M, Arshad M, Qayyum MF. 2018. Biochar application increased the growth and yield and reduced cadmium in drought stressed wheat grown in an aged contaminated soil. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 148, 825-833. IF 4.527
24. Iqbal A, Arshad M*, Hashmi H, Karthikeyan R, Gentry TJ, Schwab, AP. 2018. Biodegradation of phenol and benzene by endophytic bacterial strains isolated from refinery wastewater-fed Cannabis sativa. Environ Technol, 39, 1705-1714. IF 1.918
25. Zahra Z, Waseem N, Zahra R, Lee H, Badshah MA, Mehmood A, Choi H-K, Arshad M*. 2017. Growth and metabolic responses of rice (Oryza sativa L.) cultivated in phosphorus-deficient soil amended with TiO2 nanoparticles. J Agric Food Chem. 65(28), 5598-5606. IF 3.412
26. Hina K, Arshad M, Latif H, Ghafoor A, Rafique H. 2017. Sorption of metals by tree bark from synthetic contaminated water. Pak J Agri Sci, 54(2), 271-276. IF 0.677
27. Parveen A, Zahra Z, Farooqi MQ, Kyunn WW, Arshad M. 2017. Phytochemical screening and content determination of different species of genus Caesalpinia belonging to different origin with antidiabetic activity. Pharmacog J. 9:743-749.
28. Arshad M, Merlina G, Uzu G, Sobanska S, Sarret G, Dumat C, Silvestre J, Pinelli E, Kallerhoff J. 2016. Phytoavailability of lead altered by two Pelargonium cultivars grown on contrasting lead-spiked soils. J Soils Sediments, 16, 581-591, IF 2.522
29. Zahid MS, Iqbal A, Arshad M*. 2016. Benzene degradation with bacterial strains isolated from rhizosphere of Cannabis sativa being irrigated with petroleum refinery wastewater. Desalin Water Treat, 57, 17579-84, IF 1.631
30. Mehmood CT, Qazi IA, Baig MA, Arshad M, Quddos A. 2016. Enhanced photodegradation of titania loaded polyethylene films in a humid environment. Int Biodeter Biodegr, 113, 287–296, IF 2.962
31. Khan AHA, Anees M, Arshad M, Muhammad YS, Iqbal M, Yousaf S. 2016. Effects of illuminance and nutrients on bacterial photo-physiology of hydrocarbon degradation. Sci Total Environ, 557–558, 705–711, IF 4.900
32. Husnain A, Qazi IA, Khaliq W, Arshad M. 2016. Immobilization in cement mortar of chromium removed from water using titania nanoparticles. J Environ Manage, 172, 10-17, IF 4.010
33. Imran B, Khan SJ, Qazi IA, Arshad M. 2016. Removal and recovery of sodium hydroxide (NaOH) from industrial wastewater by two-stage diffusion dialysis (DD) and electrodialysis (ED) processes. Desalin Water Treat, 57, 7926–7932, IF 1.631
34. Waheed H, Hashmi I, Khan SJ, Kim SR, Arshad M, Nasir H. 2016. Microbial population dynamics and profiling of quorum sensing agents in membrane bioreactor. Int Biodeter Biodegr, 113, 66–73, IF 2.962
35. Arshad M*, Siddiqa M, Rashid S, Hashmi I, Awan MA, Ali MA. 2016. Biomonitoring of toxic effects of pesticides in occupationally exposed individuals. Saf Health Work. 7, 156-160.
36. Ali SS, Qazi IA, Arshad M, Khan Z, Voice TC, Mehmood CT. 2016. Photocatalytic degradation of low density polyethylene (LDPE) films using titania nanotubes. Environ Nanotech Monitor Manage, 5, 44–53.
37. Mustafa G, Ali MA, Smith D, Schwinghamer T, Lamont JR, Ahmed N, Hussain S, Arshad M. 2016. Guar, jantar, wheat straw, and rice hull composts as replacements for peat in muskmelon transplant production. Int J Recycl Org Waste Agricult, 5:323–33
38. Mehmood CT, Arshad M*, Ashfaq T, Bilal M, Shafiq M, Hina K. 2016. Kinetics of adsorptive removal of Drimarene Brilliant Red from aqueous solution using untreated agricultural residues. Pak J Sci Ind Res Ser. A: Phys. Sci. 59, 11-22.
39. Zafar M, Arshad M*, Khokhar MF. 2015. Assessment of particulate matter (PM10) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons levels at various sites in Faisalabad and their potential toxicity. Pak J Agri Sci, 52, 233-238, IF 0.597
40. Zahra Z, Arshad M*, Rafique R, Mahmood A, Habib A, Qazi IA, Khan SA. 2015. Metallic Nanoparticle (TiO2 and Fe3O4) application modifies rhizosphere phosphorus availability and uptake by Lactuca sativa. J Agric Food Chem. 63, 6876-6882, IF 2.857
41. Hanif HU, Arshad M*, Ali MA, Ahmed N, Qazi IA. 2015. Phytoavailability of phosphorus to Lactuca sativa in response to soil applied TiO2 nanoparticles. Pak J Agri Sci, 52, 177-182, IF 0.597
42. Mehmood CM, Qazi IA, Baig MA, Arshad M, Quddos A. 2015. Application of photodegraded polythene films for the treatment of Drimarene Brilliant Red (DBR) dye. Int Biodeter Biodegr, 102, 31-39, IF 2.429
43. Arshad M*, Khalid R, Hina K, Ullah S, Ali MA. 2015. Cadmium removal by aquatic macrophyte (Nasturtium officinale) and potential for oil production from the biomass. Pak J Agri Agril Engg Vet Sci, 31, 1-13.
44. Abbas J, Khokhar MF, Arshad M. 2015. Monitoring formaldehyde concentration over Islamabad using ground based and satellite observations. J Space Tech, 5, 83-90.
45. Latif W, Qazi IA, Hashmi I, Arshad M, Nasir H, Habib A. 2014. Novel method for preparation of pure and iron doped Titania nanotube coated wood surfaces to disinfect airborne bacterial species Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus. Env Sci Eng, 31, 681-688. IF 0.991
46. Haleem N, Arshad M*, Shahid M, Tahir MA. 2014. Synthesis of carboxymethyl cellulose from waste of cotton ginning industry. Carbohyd Polym, 113, 249–255. IF 4.074
47. Shahid M, Austruy A, Echevarria G, Arshad M, Sanaullah M, Aslam M, Nadeem M, Nasim W, Dumat C. 2014. EDTA-enhanced phytoremediation of heavy metals: A review. Soil Sediment Contam, 23, 389–416. IF 1.039
48. Rafique R, Arshad M*, Khokhar MF, Qazi IA, Hamza A, Virk N. 2014. Growth response of wheat to Titania nanoparticles application. NUST J Engg Sci, 7, 42-46
49. Ullah S, Arshad M*. 2014. Exposure-response of Triticum aestivum to Titanium dioxide nanoparticles application: Seedling Vigor Index and micronuclei formation. Sci Vision, 20,57-61.
50. Rafique A, Awan MA, Wasti A, Qazi IA, Arshad M. 2013. Removal of fluoride from drinking water using modified immobilized activated alumina. J Chem, 2013, 7 pages, ID 386476, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/386476. IF 0.622
51. Arshad M, Silvestre J, Merlina G, Dumat C, Pinelli E, Kallerhoff J. 2012. Thidiazuron-induced shoot organogenesis from mature leaf explants of scented Pelargonium capitatum cultivars. Plant Cell Tiss Organ Cult, 108, 315-322. IF 3.633
52. Shahid M, Arshad M, Kaemmerer M, Pinelli E, Probst A, Baque D, Pradere P, Dumat C. 2012. Long-term field metal extraction by Pelargonium: Phytoextraction efficiency in relation to plant maturity. Int J Phytorem, 14, 493-505. IF 1.179
53. Arshad M*, Murtaza G, Ali MA, Shafiq M, Dumat C, Ahmed N. 2011. Wheat growth and phytoavailability of copper and zinc as affected by soil texture in saline-sodic conditions. Pak J Bot, 43, 2433-2439. IF 0.907
54. Arshad M, Silvestre J, Pinelli E, Kallerhoff J, Kaemmerer M, Tarigo A, Shahid M, Guiresse M, Pradere P, Dumat C. 2008. A field study of lead phytoextraction by various scented Pelargonium cultivars. Chemosphere, 71, 2187-2192. IF 3.054
55. Arshad M, Silvestre J, Kallerhoff J, Dumat C. 2007. Des géraniums odorants pour décontaminer les sols. Info Chimie, 482, 62-65.
1. Manzoor M, Gul I, Iqrar I, Arshad M. 2020. Solid waste management practices in Pakistan. In: Sustainable Waste Management Challenges in Developing Countries. Edited by A. Pariatamby, F. Shahul Hamid, & M. Bhatti. Hershey, PA: IGI Global, UAE. DOI:10.4018/978-1-7998-0198-6.ch010. Pp. 248-269.
2. Iqbal A, Manzoor M, Arshad M. 2019. Biodegradation of E-waste Pollution. In: Electronic Waste Pollution: Environmental Occurrence and Treatment Technologies. Edited by M.Z. Hashmi, A. Varma. Springer Nature Switzerland AG. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-26615-8_19. Pp. 291-306.
3. Ali MA, Fahad S, Haider I, Ahmed N, Ahmad S, Hussain S, Arshad M. 2019. Oxidative stress and antioxidant defense in plants exposed to metal/metalloid toxicity. In: Reactive Oxygen, Nitrogen and Sulfur Species in Plants: Production, Metabolism, Signaling and Defense Mechanisms. Edited by Hasanuzzaman M, Fotopoulos V, Nahar K, Fujita M. John Wiley & Sons Ltd. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119468677.ch15).
4. Saboor A, Mustafa G, Arshad M, Ahmad M, Hussain S, Ahmed N, Ahmad S, Shahid M, Ali MA. 2019. Seed priming and metal/metalloid stress tolerance in plants. In: Priming and Pretreatment of Seeds and Seedlings. Edited by M. Hasanuzzaman, V. Fotopoulos. Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8625-1_14). Pp. 287-312.
5. Shakeel MT, Parveen R, Haider I, Arshad M, Ahmad S, Ahmad N, Hussain S, Riaz M, Ali MA. 2019. Seed pretreatment as a means to achieve pathogen control. In: Priming and Pretreatment of Seeds and Seedlings. Edited by M. Hasanuzzaman, V. Fotopoulos. Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8625-1_17). Pp. 363-372.
6. Ali MA, Ilyas F, Arshad M, Hussain S, Iqbal M, Ahmad S, Saboor A, Mustafa G, Ahmed N. 2019. Microbial inoculation of seeds for better plant growth and productivity. In: Priming and Pretreatment of Seeds and Seedlings. Edited by M. Hasanuzzaman, V. Fotopoulos. Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-8625-1_26). Pp. 523-550.
7. Zafar R, Arshad M, Naseer K, Ali MA, Ahmed Z, Nabi D. 2019. Monitoring of organic pollutants: PCBs in marine ecosystem. In: Marine Ecology: Current and Future Developments. Edited by D-S. Pei, M. Junaid. Bentham Science Publishers. 10.2174/97898114126911190101. Pp.114-135.
8. Iqbal A, Arshad M, Ahmed I. 2018. Plant-bacterial association for bioremediation of hydrocarbon substrates. In Microbial action on Hydrocarbons Edited by Kumar V, Kumar M, Prasad R. Springer® Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. (DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-1840-5).
Conference Publications (Full Paper)
1. Arshad M, Javaid A, Manzoor M, Hina K, Ali MA, Ahmed I. 2018. Isolation and identification of chromium-tolerant bacterial strains and their potential to promote plant growth. 6th International Conference on Environment Pollution and Prevention (ICEPP 2018). E3S Web Conf. Vol 96, 2019, Article No. 01005, pages 5. https://doi.org/10.1051/e3sconf/20199601005
2. Iqbal A, Arshad M. 2018. Endophyte assisted Naphthalene biodegradation kinetics: A pilot scale investigation. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Development Beyond 2030 (Volume I-III), Edited by Prof. Abdul Ghani Olabi, pp. 69-74, University of West of the Scotland, Scotland, UK
3. Manzoor M, Gul I, Kallerhoff J, Arshad M. 2018. Effect of different levels of lead on soil enzymatic activity and restoration by resistant bacteria. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Development Beyond 2030 (Volume I-III), Edited by Prof. Abdul Ghani Olabi, pp. 25-30, University of West of the Scotland, Scotland, UK
4. Zahra Z, Arshad M, Iqbal A, Choi HK. 2018. Alterations in metabolic profiles of wheat and rice grains induced by TiO2 nanoparticles spiked soils. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Development Beyond 2030 (Volume I-III), Edited by Prof. Abdul Ghani Olabi, pp. 91-96, University of West of the Scotland, Scotland, UK
5. Gul I, Manzoor M, Hashim N, Kallerhoff J, Arshad M. 2018. Comparison of EDTA, citric acid and TiO2 nanoparticles to support Cd phytoaccumulation in spiked soil. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference of Recent Trends in Environmental Science and Engineering (RTESE'18), Niagara Fall, Canada. Pp. 119-1-8.
6. Arshad M, Akhtar S, Imtiaz H, Zahra Z, Khan SA. 2017. Early growth responses of Triticum aestivum to ciprofloxacin and DNA damage assessments through comet assay. 210th International Conference on Environmental Science and Development, pp. 21-25. Academics World, Seoul, South Korea.
7. Imtiaz J, Hashmi I, Saeed A, Qazi IA, Arshad M. 2013. Development of PCR protocol for detection of Escherichia coli in drinking water. In: Water Resources Management VII, edited by C. A. Brebbia, WIT Press, UK. P225-234.
8. Farooq S, Hashmi I, Arshad M, Qazi IA. 2013. Acetanilide herbicide degradation using indigenous soil microorganisms. In: Safety and Security Engineering V, edited by F. Garzia, C. A. Brebbia, M. Guarascio. WIT Press, UK. P685-690.
9. Arshad M, Saeed A, Baig MA. 2010. Biotechnology and renewable energy systems. Proceedings of 1st International Symposium on Vacuum Science and Technology. Edited by K. Ahmed, S.W. Husain, J.A. Bhatti, S. Qaiser, T. Hussain, W. Khan, A. Amin, N. Hussain. pp. 403-407. Pakistan Vacuum Society, Islamabad, Pakistan
10. Arshad M, Dumat C, Silvestre J, A. Jauneau, Pinelli E, Kallerhoff J. 2008. Phytoextraction of lead by scented Pelargonium cultivars: phytoavailability, localization and interaction with cations. Proceedings of 4th European Bioremediation Conference, Edited by F. Fava; S.A. Banwart; N. Kalogerakis, ID 119 (4 pages), University of Crete, Chania, Crete, Greece.
11. Arshad M, Silvestre J, Dumat, Pinelli E, Kallerhoff J. 2008. Optimization of in vitro plant regeneration for lead hyperaccumulator scented Pelargonium cultivars. Proceedings of 4th European Bioremediation Conference, Edited by F. Fava; S.A. Banwart; N. Kalogerakis, ID 120 (4 pages), University of Crete, Chania, Crete, Greece.