1. Salma Alvi, Ishtiaq A Qazi, Muhammad Anwar Baig, Saadia Andleeb, Aashifa Yaqoob and Ch. Tahir Mehmood: Survivability of polyethylene degrading microbes in the presence of titania nanoparticles; Journal of Nanomaterials & Molecular Nanotechnology. 2016; 5(3): http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2324-8777.1000185 Accepted (IF 1.06)
2. Ch. Tahir Mehmood, Ishtiaq A Qazi, Muhammad Anwar Baig, Muhammad Arshad, Abdul Quddos: Enhanced photodegradation of titania loaded polyethylene films in a humid environment. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation 113 (2016) 287-296; DOI:10.1016/j.ibiod.2015.12.005 (IF 2.43)
3. Ch. Tahir Mehmood, Ishtiaq A Qazi, Muhammad Anwar Baig, Muhammad Arshad, Abdul Quddos: Application of photodegraded polythene films for the treatment of Drimarene Brilliant Red (DBR) dye. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation 01/2015; 102; 31-39. DOI:10.1016/j.ibiod.2014.12.014 (IF 2.43)
4. Azhar Iqbal, Muhammad A. Baig, Shahid Rehman Khan, Nadeem Hussain and Muhammad Sajid (2015) Assessment of heavy metals contamination at the e-waste recycling sites in various cities of Pakistan. Paper in 3rd International Conference on “Emerging trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences, October, 2015, Islamabad-Pakistan,
5. Iqbal, H. Anwar Baig. M. Usman Hanif, M. 1 , Usman Ali, S. M. and Flury, M. (2015) Leaching of Metals, Organic Carbon and Nutrients from Municipal Waste under Semi-Arid Conditions. Int. J. Environ. Res., 9(1):187-196.
6. Nusrat Shaheen , Muhammad Anwar Baig , Muhammad Ahsan Mahboob , Saeed Akbar and Muhammad Fahim Khokar (2015) Application of Remote Sensing Technologies to detect the vegetation changes during past two decades in Islamabad, Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences (COES&RJ-JSS) ISSN (E): 2305-9249 ISSN (P): 2305-9494 Publisher: Centre of Excellence for Scientific & Research Journalism, COES&RJ LLC Online Issue: Volume 4, Number 3, July 2015 http://www.centreofexcellence.net/J/JSS/JSS Mainpage.htm
7. Ch. Tahir Mehmood, Ishtiaq A. Qazi, M. A. Baig, Muhammad Arshad & Abdul Quddos (2014) An Investigation into Photocatalytic Degradation of Polythene Films Heavily Embedded with Titania Nanoparticles (submitted), at http://help.elsevier.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2210/p/7923
8. Mehmood CM, Qazi IA, Baig MA, Arshad M, Quddos A. 2015. Application of photodegraded polythene films for the treatment of Drimarene Brilliant Red (DBR) dye. Int Biodeter Biodegr, 102, 31-39.
9. Hamid Iqbal, M. A. Baig., Usman Hanif and M. Usman Ali. (2014) Impact of initial moisture content and waste composition of municipal solid waste on leachate. (Journal of Environmental Technology)
10. Hamid Iqbal & M. A. Baig (2015) Characterization of first flush in urban highway runoffs. Env Eng Manage J Vol. 14, No 1, 45-50.
11. Iqbal, H., M. A. Baig, Usman Hanif, Usman Ali, S.M. and Flurry, M. (2015). “Leaching of Metals, Organic Carbon, and Nutrients from Municipal Waste under Semi-Arid Conditions. 9(1): 187-196
12. Muhammad Usman Hanif, Sergio C. Capareda, Muhammad Anwar Baig, Muhammad Adnan Hanif, Hamid Iqbal. Co-pyrolysis of Cotton gin Trash, Cow Manure and Algae (Nannochloropsis oculata) to Produce Upgraded Bio-oil. Paper in the Proceeding of the International Conference on Environment and Renewable Energy (ICERE-14), 7-8 May 2014, Paris, France – ISBN – 10:1499567154 page 120.
13. Bashir, S. Baig, M. A., Ashraf, M Anwar,M. M. Bhalli, M. N. and Munawar, S. (2013) Risk assessment of soil erosion in Rawal watershed using geoinformatics techniques. Science international 25 (3) 583 – 588.
14. Muhammad Ali Awan, S. Hassan Ahmed, M. Rizwan Aslam, Ishtiaq A. Qazi, M. Anwar Baig. (2013) Determination of Heavy Metals in Ambient Air Particulate Matter Using Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, July 2013, Volume 38, Issue 7, pp 1655-1661
15. Ammara Batool, Abdullah Yasir, N. Y. Khan, M. A. Baig, H. Chaudhry. Impact of income and education level on women health in village of Gangapur Pakistan. South Asian International Conference (SAICON) held on 15 – 17 Dec 2013 Bhurban, Pakistan.
16. Shahzad, N., Hussain,S. T., Maggos, T. and Baig, M. A. (2012). Evaluation of the Catalytic Potential of the TiO2 Nanomaterials for the abatement of H2S gas at high temperatures. International review of Chemical Engineering, 4(1): 71-75. (Impact Factor 6.42).
17. Mahwish Bukhari, M. Ali Awan, Ishtiaq A. Qazi, and M. Anwar Baig, (2012) “Development of a Method for the Determination of Chromium and Cadmium in Tannery Wastewater Using Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy,” Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry, vol. 2012, Article ID 823016, 7 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/823016
18. Naila Azhar and M. Anwar Baig Biogas production from vegetable waste at thermophilic conditions. Engineering News Vol. 44 No. 5-6 July-Dec 2012
19. Shahzad, N., Hussain, S. T. and M. A.Baig (2012). Air Pollution Abatement through TiO2 Nanoparticles. International Journal of Climate Changes: Impact and Responses, 3(2): 95-106.
20. Shahzad, N., Hussain,S. T., Siddiqua, A. and Baig, M. A. (2012). A Comparison of TiO2 Nanoparticles and Nanotubes for Catalytic Gas Phase Destruction of H2S Gas at High Temperatures. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 12 (6): 5061-5065 (Impact Factor 1.43).
21. Shahzad, N., Hussain,S. T. and Baig, M. A. (2011). H2S emissions control In Industrial Exhausts Using TiO2 Nanoparticles. Academic Research International. 1(2): 70-73.
22. M. A. Baig, Naeem Shahzad, Syed Tajammul Hussain (2011). Photocatalytic Applications of Nanomaterials (TiO2) for the Abatement of Air Pollution. Presented in 2nd ASEAN-Pakistan Conference on Materials Science, APCOMS-2, Hanoi, Veitnam on 26-27 Apr 2011.
23. Naeem Shahzad and M. A. Baig (2008) “Air Pollution Abatement through TiO2 Nanoparticles” Paper in International Journal of Climate Changes: Impact and Responses. (Journal published by CG Publishers, USA)
24. T. Hussain, M. A. Gondal, Z. H. Yamani and M. A. Baig (2007) “Measurement of Nutrients In Green House Soil With Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy” Paper in Environmental Monitoring and Assessment , Volume 124, Numbers 1-3 / January, 2007 page 131-139.
25. T. Hussain, M. A. Gondal, and M.A. Baig (2007) Detection of hazardous metals in waste water collected from plastic syringes manufacturing plant using laser induced breakdown spectrometry, International Conference on Chemistry in Industry (CHEMINDIX 2007), Manama, Bahrain (March 26-28, 2007)
26. M.A. Gondal, T. Hussain, Z.H. Yamani and M.A. Baig (2007). The role of various binding materials for trace elemental analysis of powder samples using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy. Talanta, Volume 72, Issue 2, 30 April 2007, Pages 642-649
27. Muhammad Masud Aslam, Murtaza Malik, M.A. Baig, I.A. Qazi and Javed Iqbal (2007). Treatment performances of compost-based and gravel-based vertical flow wetlands operated identically for refinery wastewater treatment in Pakistan. Ecological Engineering, Volume 30, Issue 1, 1 May 2007, Pages 34-42
28. M.A. Gondal, T. Hussain, Z.H. Yamani and M.A. Baig (2006) Detection of heavy metals in Arabian crude oil residue using laser induced breakdown spectroscopy. Talanta, Volume 69, Issue 5, 15 July 2006, Pages 1072-1078
29. Islam-Ul-Haque, M. A. Baig and Mohsin Mir “Use of municipal wastewater for plain cement concrete construction “Electron. J. Environ. Agric. Food Chem ( EJEAFChe), 4 (6), 2005. [1102-1110]
30. Muhammad Masud Aslam, M A Baig, Ishtiaq Hassan and Murtaza Malik. “Constructed treatment wetlands : An option for wastewater treatment in Pakistan.”, Electron. J. Environ. Agric. Food Chem (EJEAFChe), 3 (5), 2004. [739-742]
31. Muhammad Masud Aslam, M A Baig, Ishtiaq Hassan, Ishtiaq A Qazi, Murtaza Malik, Haroon Saeed “Textile wastewater characterization and reduction of its COD & BOD by oxidation” Electron. J. Environ. Agric. Food Chem ( EJEAFChe), 3 (6), 2004. [804-811]
32. Baig, M. A., Mohsin Mir, Shahzad Murtaza, Zafar I. Bhatti (2003) Laboratory Scale Studies on Removal of Chromium from Industrial Waste, Paper in the Journal of Environmental Sciences Vol. 15, No. 3. 2003. page 417 – 422.
33. I. A. Qazi., Baig, M. A. and Ali Awan, (2003) Development of Thermo chromic Strips as Water Pasteurization Indicators. Journal of Environmental Science, Vol. 15, No. 6; 2003 , 863 – 864.
34. M. Ali Awan, M. A. Baig, Reduction of Chemical Oxygen Demand from Tannery wastewater by Oxidation, Journal of Agriculture and food chemistry 2003
35. M.A. Baig, M. Malik and R.E. Elahi. (2003) Current situation of Islamabad solid waste dumpsite and options for improvement. Paper in “The Nucleus” Vol. 40 No. 1-4, page 59-62.
36. Bahadar Khan & M.A. Baig (2003) Pakistan: Preliminary National Greenhouse Gas Inventory, Journal of Applied Sciences & Environmental Management (JASEM) Vol. 7, No. 2, 2003 page 49-54.
37. M. Ali Awan, Baig, M.A, Iqbal J, Aslam M.R, and Ijaz N: "Recovery of Chromium (III) from Tannery wastewater", Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management (JASEM) 7 (2) : 5-8 (Dec 2003)
38. M. Ali Awan, M. A. Baig, Javed Iqbal, M. R. Aslam and Naveed Ijaz; "Recovery of chromate from tannery wastewater";. Electron. J. Environ. Agric. Food Chem EJEAFChe, 2 (5), 2003. Page [543-547]
39. M. A. Baig, Bilal Mehmood and Asif Matin “ Removal of chromium from industrial effluents by sand filtration. Electron. J. Environ. Agric. Food Chem. (EJEAFChe), 2 (3). [374-379] 2003
40. Asif Matin, M. A Baig, M. Ali Awan and Mr. M. Masud Aslam (2003) A Cost-Effective Treatment Method for the removal of Iron from Water and Wastewater. Electronic Journal of Environmental, Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2(4) 2003.
41. M. Abid Baig, Mohsin Mir, Zafar I. Bhatti and M A. Baig; "Removal of oil and grease from industrial effluents “ Paper in Electronic Journal of Environmental, Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2 (5); 2003; page 577 – 585.
42. Baig, M. A. (2001) Concept of Continuing Education and Learning in Islam and State of Muslims in this Era. Paper in the proceedings of 8th World Conference on Continuing Engineering Education, Organized by International Association for Continuing Engineering Education (IACEE), Toronto, Ontario, Canada held on May12 – 16, 2001) page 578 – 584.
43. Baig, M. A., S. Khurram and M. Ehsan-ul-Haq (2000) paper on “Use of Environmental Assessment Techniques in Locating a Sanitary Landfill Site for Islamabad City”. Proceedings of the 40th Annual Convention of the Institution of Engineers, Pakistan, held on July 16-19, 2000, Islamabad, Pakistan. Page 157 – 170.
44. Baig, M. A. (1999) Water Resources Achievement and Issues in 20th Century: Environmental Impact Assessment. Proceedings of the National Workshop on " Water Resources Achievement and Issues in 20th Century and Challenges for the Next Millennium", June 28-30, 1999, Islamabad. 341 – 354.
45. S.M.S. Shah, H.F. Gabril and Baig, M. A. (1998) Water Conservation Practices through Religious Institutions in Pakistan. Paper presented at "Water resources management in Islamic Countries" Conference held at Amman, Jordan in collaboration with UNO, WHO. 1998 Water Management in Islam (UNU Series on Water Resources Management and Policy) (Paperback) by Naser I. Faruqui (Editor), Asit K. Biswas (Editor), Murad J. Bino (Editor)
46. Baig, M. A. (1997) Environmental impact assessment of river water development project in Pakistan. Proceedings of "International Symposium on Water for the 21st Century", organized by Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Engineering, June 17-19, 1997. 557 – 565.
47. Baig, M. A. (1997) Use of various methods for identification of Palegorskite from the soil samples Baja California. Proceedings of the 3rd Geological Congress of Pakistan Geological Society, Peshawar University, October 27-30, 1997. page 132-139.
48. Baig, M. A. (1996) A linear programming model for allocation of surface and groundwater as conjunctive application in SCARP-I area. Proceedings of Regional Workshop on Artificial Groundwater Recharge, Quetta, Pakistan, June 10-14, 1996: pages 197 - 207.
49. Baig, M. A. (1996) A linear programming model for modifying cropping pattern in a saline and waterlogged area of Pakistan. Paper in ICID workshop on Crop-Water-Environment Models, held at Cairo-Egypt. September 17, 1996: page 111-125.
50. M. I. Lone, M. Akram and M. A. Baig (1994) Effect of fertilizer application under conjunctive use on yield of some kharif crops in Loralai area (Balochistan). Proceedings of 4th National Congress of Soil Science Society of Pakistan held in Islamabad in May 24-28, 1992, pages 429-433.
51. T. Hussain, H. Ahmed, M. A. Baig, and M. A. Gondal, Potential Application of Laser Induced Breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) Technique in Analysis of solid and Liquid samples. International Science Conference 2 – 5 September, 2004 at the University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad
52. Baig, M. A. (1994) An automated electromagnetic methods for monitoring solute transport. Paper presented a 5th National Congress of Soil Science Society of Pakistan held at Peshawar, October 23-25, 1994.
53. Baig, M. A. (1996) A linear programming model for allocation of surface and groundwater as conjunctive application in SCARP-I area. Proceedings of Regional Workshop on Artificial Groundwater Recharge, Quetta, Pakistan, June 10-14, 1996.
54. Baig, M. A. (1996) Soil Physicists and environmental challenges in Pakistan. Paper at National congress of Soil Science held at Lahore in Dec. 1996.
55. Baig, M. A. (1996) A linear programming model for modifying cropping pattern in a saline and waterlogged area of Pakistan. Paper in ICID workshop on Crop-Water-Environment Models, held at Cairo-Egypt. September 1996.
56. Baig, M. A. (1997) Potential environmental disasters in the city of Lahore- Pakistan. Paper for Pan Pacific Hazards' 96 Conference held from July 29-August 2nd 1997, Canada
57. Baig, M. A. and K. Mirza (1997) Environmental impact assessment of a multipurpose water resources project in Southern Balochistan. International workshop on Valuing the Multiple Uses of Irrigation Water. Paper in the International Seminar on valuing the multiple uses of water, organized by International Irrigation Management Institute (IIMI- Pakistan), May 20, 1997, Lahore.
58. Baig, M. A. (1997) Environmental impact assessment of river water development project in Pakistan. Proceedings of "International Symposium on Water for the 21st Century", organized by Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Engineering, June 17-19, 1997. 557 - 565.
59. M. A. Baig and Hussain, Z. (1997) Groundwater contamination from waste disposal sites in Lahore National Symposium on Environmental Pollution organized by PAEC, Islamabad in Feb. 1997.
60. Baig, M. A. (1991) Use of Time Domain Reflectometry in monitoring movement of salts in soil. Proceedings of the Soil Science Society of America Meetings, held at Denver, Colorado, USA. 27 Oct – 1st Nov., 1991. Page 256.
61. M. A. Mian and Baig, M.A. (1982) Role of sulfur and sulfuric acid in the mobilization of nutrients in maize crop. Paper in Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences, XIX (3-4): page 154-158.