Ar./Plnr. Sikander Ajam Khan is one of the few architects in the country to have a two fold career – as academician anda practicing architect and planner. Over the years the experience accumulated comprises of domestic, institutional, government buildings. He has also been part of the National Curriculum Review Committee (NCRC) for Architecture under umbrella of Higher Education commission Pakistan. His service to profession comprises of his participation on accreditation panel of Pakistan Council of Architects and Town Planners (PCATP), also as jury member to national competitions organized by PCATP from time to time.
After his first professional degree from Pakistan he proceeded to United Kingdom for higher studies in City and Regional Planning and later to Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, USA for his second post graduate degree in Architectural design. He also attended Harvard University (USA) post-grad design studio. Currently he is running an active practice as well as heading School of Art Design and Architecture at NUST. Over the years he has successfully participated in both national and international competitions his recent achievements include
• Model Prison, H-12, Islamabad
• Chandigarh Monument
• Casablanca Sustainable Market Square
• Federal Public Service Commission Building, Islamabad
• Centre for Islamic Ideology, Islamabad.
Ar./Plnr. Ajam architectural and Planning commissions include
• Conceptual Strategic Master Plan of Gilgit
• Faculty of Education Boiling – Hazara University, Hazara
• Faculty of education Building – Punjab University, Lahore
• Jinnah Post Graduate medical centre – Nursing Wing –Karachi
• Farm Houses in Islamabad, Abbotabad.
• Numerous Residential building in Islamabad, Lahore, Abbotabad.
His commitment and experience to profession has earned him fellowship of Institute of Architects, Pakistan (IAP).