I have supervised more than 40 theses of MA/BS English students during the years 2005-13. I have published more than a dozen research articles and books/dissertations. I am also on AIOU’s panel of external supervisors. My research interests include literary theory, sociolinguistics, bilingualism, visual studies, psychoanalytic studies, postcolonial studies, gender identity, and comparative literature.
1. The Triumph of Id over Ego and Superego: A Psychoanalytic Study of To His Coy Mistress [published in May 2010 issue of Journal of Language and Literature, Baku, Azerbaijan].
2. Othering, Stereotyping and Hybridity in First Chapters of Conrad’s Heart of Darkness (1899) and Coetzee’s Waiting for the Barbarians (1980) [Published in August 2010 issue of Journal of Language and Literature, Baku, Azerbaijan].
3. Impact of Traumatic Lexes of Newsweek Articles Written on Terrorism on Female Undergraduate Students [Published in European Journal of Social Sciences Vol. 19, No.3: Feb. 2011].
4. The Infinite Curiosity: Exploring Romantic Tendencies in Raja Gidh [published in Language in India, Vol. 12, 2 Feb, 2012]
5. Gender Difference in Code-Switching and Code-Mixing in Text Messages of Undergraduate Students [published in Language in India, Vol. 12, 1 January 2012,
Aavailable online at:http://www.languageinindia.com/jan2012/ridacodeswitchingsms.pdf
6. An Analysis of Code-Mixing in Television Commercials [published in Language in India, Vol. 12, 11 November 2012.
7. Using Socio-culturally Relevant Stories in EFL Classrooms [published in NUML Research Magazine in 2008].
8. Violence and Silence: Sufferings of a Female Subaltern in Qudsia’s Anter Howat Udasi [Published in Journal of Gender and Social Issues, Jan, 2012, Fatima Jinnah Women University]