Dr. Bakare Najimdeen
Peace and Conflict Studies
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
Politics and International Relations, Islamic Peace Studies,
Ph.D in Politics and International Relations
With over a decade of teaching and research
experience in tertiary institutions, He has acquired a fairly good
teaching, research, communication and writing dexterity. Teaching
International relations, with special focus on peace and conflict studies,
theories of international relations, European politics, Regionalism, issues of Muslims in Europe, and
Both teaching and research experience accords him the
ability to engage in serious scholarly discourse as a political analyst and an
Assistant Professor at the university level. Besides
teaching, He has been supervising Master and MPhil/PhD students’ research projects.
He is professionally
associated with the Centre for International Peace and Stability at the
National University of Sciences and Technology Islamabad, National Defense
University Islamabad and Preston University Islamabad respectively.
2005- Till Date
and team leader in the project Globalized
Business and Politics: A View from the Muslim World, at the International
Islamic University, Islamabad, with the collaboration of Gilani Research
August 2008- Till Date
Institute of Policy
- Europeans’ Three Dimensional Approaches towards Middle East Refugee Crisis, Policy Perspectives, Institute of Policy Studies Islamabad, vol. 13, No 2 (2016):63-91
- The Reconstruction of European Political and Public Sphere through a Constructivist Paradigm, Journals of European Studies, vol. 32, No 2(2016):1-17.
- Book chapter titled: “Changing Trend of Security Threat In Europe; Role of the Diaspora in Fostering Extremism” In Issues of Radicalisation in Migrant urban Societies: A Comparative Assessment of Pakistan and Europe, edited by Naveed Ahmad. Area Study Centre for Europe, University of Karachi in collaboration with the Hanns Seidel Foundation, Islamabad, 2016.
- Strategic Impacts and Ramifications of U.S-Iran Rapprochement: The End of a Beginning, Academic Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies MCSER Publishing, Rome-Italy, Vol. 5, No 1 (2016):153-162. ISSN 2281-3993
- European Muslims and the Charlie Hebdo Saga: A Critical Exposition, Policy Perspectives, Institute of Policy Studies, vol. 12, no 5 (2015). 25-42.
- Europe and the Muslim World: Some Issues and Approaches, Policy Perspectives, Institute of Policy Studies, vol. 12, no 1 (2015).51-80.
- EU in Transition or a Failed Project, Policy Perspectives, Institute of Policy Studies, vol. 11, no 2 (2014): 71-92.
- From Minority Fiqh to Cosmopolitan Fiqh: An Analysis of European Muslim Struggle, Policy Perspectives, Institute of Policy Studies, vol. 11, no 1 (2014): 33-45.
- An Expository Analysis of Economics Base in a Consumerist world from a Marxist Prism, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. (4) No. (1), 2013, 219-224, (ISSN: 2039-9340) (Impact Factor)
- Human Capital Flight: Impact and Challenges on Economy, A case of Pakistan, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. (4) No. (1), 2013, 43-50, (ISSN: 2039-9340) (Impact Factor)
- The Socio-Political Dynamics of Islamic Financial System: Implications for European Muslims, Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, 2013
- Libyan War: A Just or Sinful Intervention, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. (3) No. (1), 2012, 535-546, (ISSN: 2039-9340)
- Muslims in Globalized World, Institute of Policy Studies, (IPS) Islamabad, 137, Vol. (8) No. (1), 2011
- 3rd Global International Studies Conference, Porto, Portugal, Organized by World International Studies Committee, International Studies Association, Title: EU Integration and Accession: Implications for Western Balkan’s sovereignty and democratization process, (August 17-20, 2011) http://www.wiscnetwork.org/porto2011/papers.php?char=1
- EU Integration and Accession: Implications for West Balkans Sovereignty and Process of Democratization, Journal of Contemporary Studies, vol. 1, issue1(2012): 59-72
Preston University, Islamabad
2016-- till date
National University of Science & Technology, Islamabad.
He has also taught in various universities, International Islamic University, National Defense University