• Principal Investigator: ISULL-HEC Project entitled: "Strengthening of Proteomics Facility at Neurobiology Laboratory for Elucidation of Proteomic Biomarkers for Alzheimer's Disease and other Neurodegenerative Disorders. (PKR 2.23 million).
• Principal Investigator: NRPU-HEC Project entitled: “Elucidation of potential effects of antidiabetics and acetylcholine esterase inhibitors: a comparative analysis for combined therapeutic strategies for type 2 diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease”. (PKR 2.45 million).
• Principal Investigator: NRPU-HEC Project entitled: “Elucidation of the effects of Amphetamine and natural psychostimulant compounds in Alzheimer’s disease” (PKR 2.8 million).
• Co- Principal Investigator: NRPU-HEC Project entitled: “Analyzing The Natural Anti HIV Mechanism for their Therapeutic Implications in Vaccine Development”. (PKR 2.0 million).
• Principal Investigator: SRG-HEC Project entitled: “Proteomic identification of post-translationally modified and differentially expressed proteins in aluminium induced oxidative stress animal model for Alzheimer’s disease”. (PKR 0.5 million).
SCHOLARSHIPS & AWARDS
• AOHUPO Young Scientist Travel Award from AOHUPO World Congress, May 5-7, 2012, Beijing, China.
• Recipient of “International Research Support Initiative Program (IRSIP-HEC) Scholarship” from Higher Education Commission, Pakistan for PhD research at Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Medicine Göttingen, Georg-August-University, Göttingen, Germany.
• Research Scholarship from Department of Clinical Chemistry, and worked as Junior Scientist (Stufe 1) at University Medicine Göttingen, Georg-August-University, Göttingen, Germany.
• HUPO Young Scientist Award from HUPO 8th Annual World Congress, September, 25-30, 2009, Toronto, Canada.
• AOHUPO/KSMS Young Scientist Award presented at HUPO 6th Annual World Congress, October 6-10, 2007, Seoul, Korea
• Research Fellowship from University of Karachi, 2006.
Supervision of Research Students
• PhD Thesis (running projects)
• Sanila Amber: Identification of Aberrant Post Translational Modifications via Differential Proteome Profiling in Alzheimer’s disease Brain.
• Sumera Khan: Evaluation of protein expression in Brain Tumor.
• Fatima Javed Mirza: Elucidation of the potential effects of the Rosmarinus officinalis extracts on synaptic regulation in Adult Hippocampal neurogenesis.
MS Thesis (Completed)
2018 Deeba Hassan: Comparative analysis of effects of metformin and donepezil on diabetes mice model.
2017 Zujaja tul Misbah: Potential role of Rosmarinus officinalis in mice models of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
2017 Tahzeen Fatima: Potential role of Rosmarinus officinalis on brain cognition in mice model for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
2016 Aneeqa Noor: Identification of Differentially S-nitrosylated proteins in neurodegeneration associated with mice models of Diabetes Mellitus Type 2.
2016 Adeena Shafique: Is Sphingosine 1-Phosphate (S1P) Produced by Sphingosine Kinase 2 (SphK2); Important for Learning and Memory?
2016 Azka Khan: Role of Protein S-Nitrosylation in Unfolded Protein Response during Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Brain.
2015 Sara Ahmed: A Study to Investigate the Potential Role of Anti Diabetic versus Classical Acetylcholine Esterase Inhibitor in Neurogenesis.
2015 Zahra Mahmood: The Unfolded Protein Response and Cellular Toxicity: Implications in Neurodegeneration.
2014 Sheharbano Bhatti: Investigation of Protective Effects of Foeniculum vulgare Against Heavy Metal Induced Oxidative Stress in Mice.
2014 Umer Javed: Ameliorative Effects of Nigella sativa Extract on Lead (Pb) Induced Memory Degeneration and Oxidative Stress in Mice.
2014 Sanila Amber: Pharmacological effects of Syzygium aromaticum extract on AlCl3 induced oxidative stress in mice brain.
BS Thesis Projects (Completed)
2018 Anibah Khalid: Potential Effects of Psychostimulants on Inflammation in an AlCl3-induced Alzheimer’s Disease Mouse Model.
2018 Umme Aimen Abbasi: Potential Effects of Psychostimulants on Synaptic Gene Expression in AlCl3 Induced Alzheimer’s Disease Mouse Model.
2017 Mahnoor Ali: Elucidation of Neurogenic Effect of Rosmarinic Acid in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Mice Model. (Awarded Rector’s Gold Medal for Best Research Project)
2017 Sabahat Munawar: Elucidation of Therapeutic Potential of Rosmarinus officinalis on Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis in STZ induced Diabetic Mice Model.
2016 Sahar Yousuf: A Comparative Study to Elucidate the Extent of Neurodegeneration and Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis in Diabetes Mellitus Type II Mice Model.
2016 Wajeeh Hassan Khan: The role of Activating Transcription Factor 6 (ATF6) and Amyloid Precursor Protein 770 (APP770) during Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress.
2015 Maria Majeed: Potential Effects of Antidiabetics on Protein Expression during Neurotoxicity: Leading to Neurodegenerative Disorders.
2014 Adeena Shafique: Aberrations in Mice Brain Protein Expression due to Pre- and Post-Natal Lead Exposure: Nigella Sativa- A Promising Remedy. (Awarded Rector’s Gold Medal for Best Research Project).
2014 Kinza Waqar: Pharmacological Role of Foeniculum vulgare in Cortex and Hippocampus of Lead Induced Mouse Model of Oxidative Stress.
2014 Syeda Fatma Hassan Bukhari: Therapeutic Effects of Syzygium aromaticum on Heavy Metal Induced Oxidative Stress Mouse Model: A Differential Proteomic Study.
2013 Sara Ahmed: Oxidative Stress Induced Altered Hippocampal Expression Profile in AlCl3 Mouse Model.
2013 Haleema Tariq Bhatti: Differential Expression of Cortical Proteins in AlCl3-Induced Oxidative Stress in Alzheimer’s Mouse Model.