Session 1: Conceptualizing and understanding mentoring
o What is mentoring?
o Benefits of mentoring
o The mentoring process
Session 2: Mentoring approach and relationship and how to establish an
effective mentoring relationship
o Defining relationship with your mentee
o Establishing an effective relationship
o Differentiating between mentoring and coaching
Session 3: Roles and responsibilities and qualities of an effective mentor
Session 4: Effective mentoring practices
o Knowing the needs of your mentee
o Critical reflection and feedback
- To provide participants with information on mentoring.
- To equip participants with the knowledge about their role and responsibility as a mentor.
- To discuss and define effective mentoring practices and to apply those practices.
Because the participants are faculty members, the training methodology will mainly be discussion, activities, and role play.
Benefits to Organization
• More effective faculty.
• Improved communication among colleagues and faculty-students.
• Tangible gains in group work and projects.
Benefits to Individual
• More effective as a faculty member.
• Satisfaction at the success of their students/ colleagues.
• Development of mentoring and motivating skills.