Engr. Muhammad Naweed Hassan is a Mechanical Engineer with an experience of 36 years during which he had direct Industrial and field exposure of 22 years. He has had unique experience of major product development and its manufacturing. Besides he has been associated with teaching in engineering field at undergraduate level, for more than 14 years. His prime area of interest and strength lies in automotive systems and manufacturing processes, which stems out of his interest, experience and passion in these areas. Major achievements have been development of military grade vehicles and their evaluation. He also displays an ability to provide technical and systematic solutions to Industrial problem especially in mechanical systems. Through this versatile and rich experience he has contributed immensely towards building and running of Manufacturing Resource Center (MRC) at NUST. He has been member of many guidance committees at PG research level and has supervised numerous projects at UG level. He has also completed many commercial projects through platform of MRC.
- Has been part of Guidance Committee in PG students research projects.
- Contributes through Industrial experience towards facilitation of research work.
- Workshop Technology ISBN No: 978-969-8535-38-4
- Industrial Safety (Under Completion)
- Has a vast and varied teaching experience to UG engineering students in multiple areas.
- Has also been an instructor for professional engineers when they undergo professional courses.
- Main areas of teaching are:
- Workshop Technology
- Military vehicles technology
- IC Engines
- Automotive Theory
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Earned a distinction in teaching the subject).
The faculty has a very vast Industrial experience. In fact his direct experience of industrial development and production has been very helpful for SMME in establishing its facilities, teaching of students and guidance and supervision of projects. His industrial experience expands over 20 years at a mega scale. His exposure to international industry is also valuable for SMME.