Dr Novera Ansar
Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
Habib Rehmat Ullah Karsaz Road
PhD (Management) Karachi University, MS in Management (2009) From SZABIST,MBA (1998) From Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences
Dr Novera Ansar is a committed and dedicated person with about 12 years of work experience at various institutions. Possess excellent class management, verbal and written communication skills, with effective teaching methods that promote a stimulating and motivating learning environment. Dr Novera has the potential to work in a managerial role or as part of team and has the ability to successfully work in competitive positions.
• Communicative and people oriented
• Optimistic, motivated and hard-working
• Have out-of- the-box thinking
• Honest and candid
• Problem solving attitude
• Have a good learning curve
• Have good reasoning skills and critical thinking
• Have diversified interests with coherent pattern
• Proficient at anchoring programs/Compeering
• Administratively strong
• Good training skills
• Ability to work in a team as well as individually
• Ability to meet specified deadlines
• Flexible and adaptable in different cultures and climate
• Pretty good at formulating and delivering speeches
• Good presentation skills
• Good organizational and comprehension skills
• Extremely organized and good at time management.
• Analytical and research skills developed through completing papers in research methodology.
• Profound knowledge of the subject areas and ability to teach students by using various methods.
• Analytical approach and ability to research.
• Skilled in collecting the study material and chunking it in a proper way.
• Strong commitment with the job.
• Ability to grasp new concepts in less time.
• Possess knowledge about the internal administrative tasks that are performed within institutions.
• Take interest in designing of new courses and materials.
• Participated in the interviewing of potential students.
• Ability to maintain high standards of behavior and discipline amongst students.
• Able to contribute to the intellectual life of an academic organization.
• Willing to take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered and to make necessary changes to improve quality and maintain standards.
• Able to organize conferences and establish contacts with the wider academic community.
Independent Studies & Research Papers
Studies SupervisedImproving Service Quality and Optimizing Operations in Tip Top Drycleaners by using Quality Control ToolsCurrent Areas Of Research Interest
- Current Challenges & Issues of Capacity Building in the Development Sector of Pakistan
- Leader-Followership: A Case Study of Advertising Industry Employees in Karachi
- Knowledge Management Practices in FMCG multinationals in Karachi
- Perceived Behavioral Control and its Impact on Entrepreneurial Inclination of Non-Business (Engineering) Students: An Interpretative Study in Karachi.
- Impact of Green Marketing on Consumer Purchase Intentions---Paper presented in Rome in a conference in Sep, 2013.
- Talent Management
- Knowledge Management and its Tools
- Human Capital Management
- Capacity Building of organizations
- Making use of self-made ideology to gain the positive results and obtain personal development goals.
- Study Sociology as it contributes to an understanding and knowledge of some of the issues affecting communities and cultural groups.
- Enjoy attending conferences, seminars and conference etc for personal growth.
- Talent and Talent Management: Definition and Issues , IBT Journal of Business Studies, Volume 14(2), 213-230, 2018,
- E-leadership and its Impact on Virtual Teams. Research Journal, Vol 3, pg 20-36, 2015. ISSN: 2305-557X
- Managing Global Human Resources: An Effective Set of Instruments , Journal of Business Strategies, 2015, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp13-22
- Perceived Behavioral Control and its Impact on Entrepreneurial Inclination of Engineering Graduates in Karachi: An Interpretative Study in Karachi , Journal of Independent Studies and Research, 2014, Vol. 12, No. 1,pp 45
- Impact Of Green Marketing On Consumer Purchase Intention— Journal of social sciences, 2013, Vol. 4, No11 pp.650-655, Conference And Paper Presentation on Human & Social Sciences (ICHSS) In Rome
- Knowledge Management Practices in Multinational Corporations Journal of Independent Studies and Research, 2012, Vol. 10, N0. 2, pp 23-31
- Current Challenges & Issues Of Capacity Building In The Development Sector Of Pakistan--MS Research Topic
- Leader-Followership: A Case Study of Advertising Industry Employees in Karachi---MS Research Topic
- 8th Istanbul Seminars and Workshops May 26-30, 2015-----“Politics Beyond Borders--- The Republican Model Challenged by the Internationalization of Economy, Law and Communication". (Held in Istanbul,Turkey)
- 9th Istanbul Seminars and Workshops May 24-28, 2016---“Religion, Rights and the Public Sphere" (Held Istanbul,Turkey).
Have taught MS, MBAs, BBAs, Initial Modules of CA & ACCA and ‘A’ Levels in the following institutes:
- NUST: Organisational Behaviour ,Professional Ethics, Project Management, Entrepreneurship & Leadership
- Bahria University: Sociology, Anthropology
- ZABIST Institute of Business and Technology: Business Communication
- Preston University: Management & Marketing related subjects
- BIZTEK, Institute of Business and Technology: Sociology, Management and Marketing related courses and writing /reading skills
- Socrates O & A Level School: Business Management and Sociology
- Institute of Business Professionals affiliated with ICAP: Various courses of CA, ACCA and CAT Programmes, Managing People, Office Procedures, Functional English, Business Communications and Behavioral Sciences
- KASBIT: Management, Marketing, Business Studies, Sales Management, Service management Consumer Behaviour
- Entrepreneurship & Leadership
- Project Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Professional Ethics
- HR Development & Training
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Management & Marketing Related Courses
- Consumer Behaviour
- Speaker for Women Engineers of Pakistan on Work- Life Balance
- Speaker for Women Engineers of Pakistan on a module of Bridging the gender gap in Pakistan
- Soft Skill speaker for NGO—Madaris Project by USAID
- Communication Skills and HRM courses for Multinational and Local companies in PNEC Campus
- Mentor / Judge for DICE-INVENT—Organized By IBA-CED (Centre for Entrepreneurial Development)---19th & 20th Dec,2015
- Speaking session on “Globalization and Emergence of Virtual Teams and E-Leadership”
- Speaker at Pakistan Navy (Rahnuma & HQ Fost ) & Pakistan Air Force (Air War College)
- Workshops conducted for HEC- Higher Education Commission (Citizenship and other soft skills modules)
- Series of workshops held at STATE BANK OF PAKISTAN including:
- Development Course for Managers
- Principles of Good Management
- Project Development for Managers
- Maintenance Management
- Stress Management & Time Management
2005-2006: Civilian In-charge - HRM Wing, PNS Rahnuma, Pakistan Navy
• Basic responsibilities include training, workshops & instruction of officers.
• Administration of the department (examination and evaluation, training programs, exam papers, updating syllabus, arranging workshops)
• Have the credit of developing 4 training books on HRM, Leadership and Communication Skills. Have also developed Data Bank for Officers’ evaluation.
2000-2002: Deputy Head, Aureole High School (O & A Levels)
Dec 1998-Aug 2000: Training and Management/Administrative Experience (Corporate Sector)
• Standard Chartered Bank--- Training of sales team
• At Gerry’s International (Pvt.) Ltd (GSA of Northwest Airlines, Oman Air, Kenya Air and KLM)
• Training & Monitoring of Sales Team, preparing and implementing marketing plans
• At Gerry’s Net -Marketing of ISP and handling corporate clients
• Joint promotions
• Coordinating all the stations of 7 various cities
• Took care of customer care department
• Dealt in press releases, advertisements and all the other matters of marketing etc.