Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
Habib Rehmat Ullah Karsaz Road
PhD in progress From Karachi University, MS in Management (2009) From SZABIST,MBA (1998) From Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences
A committed and a dedicated person with about 12 years of working experience at various institutions. Possess excellent class management, verbal and written communication skills along with constructive and effective teaching methods that promote a stimulating and motivating learning environment. Have the potential to work in a managerial role or as part of team and have the ability to successfully work in tight schedules.
AS A PERSON
• Communicative and people oriented
• Optimistic, motivated and hard-working
• Have out-of- the-box thinking
• Honest and candid
• Problem solving attitude
• Have a good learning curve
• Have good reasoning skills and critical thinking
• Have diversified interests with coherent pattern
• Proficient at anchoring programs/Compeering
• Administratively strong
• Good training skills
• Ability to work in a team as well as individually
• Ability to meet specified deadlines
• Flexible and adaptable in different cultures and climate
• Pretty good at formulating and delivering speeches
• Good presentation skills
• Good organizational and comprehension skills
• Extremely organized and good at time management.
• Analytical and research skills developed through completing papers in research methodology.
• Profound knowledge of the subject areas and ability to teach students by using various methods.
• Analytical approach and ability to research.
• Skilled in collecting the study material and chunking it in a proper way.
• Strong commitment with the job.
• Ability to grasp new concepts in less time.
• Possess knowledge about the internal administrative tasks that are performed within institutions.
• Take interest in designing of new courses and materials.
• Participated in the interviewing of potential students.
• Ability to maintain high standards of behavior and discipline amongst students.
• Able to contribute to the intellectual life of an academic organization.
• Willing to take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered and to make necessary changes to improve quality and maintain standards.
• Able to organize conferences and establish contacts with the wider academic community.
- INDEPENDENT STUDIES & RESEARCH PAPERS
• Current Challenges & Issues of Capacity Building in the Development Sector of Pakistan
• Leader-Followership: A Case Study of Advertising Industry Employees in Karachi
• Knowledge Management Practices in FMCG multinationals in Karachi
• Perceived Behavioral Control and its Impact on Entrepreneurial Inclination of Non-Business (Engineering) Students: An Interpretative Study in Karachi.
• Impact of Green Marketing on Consumer Purchase Intentions---Paper presented in Rome in a conference in Sep, 2013.
Improving Service Quality and Optimizing Operations in Tip Top Drycleaners by using Quality Control Tools
CURRENT AREAS OF RESEARCH INTEREST
• Talent Management
• Knowledge Management and its Tools
• Human Capital Management
• Capacity Building of organizations
a. Perceived Behavioral Control and its Impact on Entrepreneurial Inclination of Non-Business (Engineering) Students: An Interpretative Study in Karachi.
b. Impact of Green Marketing on Consumer Purchase Intentions---Paper presented in Rome in a conference in Sep, 2013.
- Have taught MS ,MBAs , BBAs , Initial Modules of CA & ACCA and ‘A’ Levels in the following institutes:
- NUST —Organizational Behaviour ,Professional Ethics, Project Management, Entrepreneurship & Leadership---- Currently working
- Bahria University—Sociology, Anthropology
- ZABIST, Institute of Business and Technology—Business Communication
- Preston University---Management & Marketing related subjects----Currently a visiting faculty
- BIZTEK, Institute of business and technology (Sociology, Management and Marketing related courses and writing /reading skills)
- Socrates, O & A Level School (Business Management and Sociology)
- Institute of Business Professionals (Affiliated with ICAP). Various courses of CA, ACCA and CAT Programs. (Managing People, Office Procedures, Functional English, Business Communications and Behavioral Sciences)
- KASBIT( Management, Marketing, Business Studies, Sales Management, Service management Consumer Behavior)
- COURSES TAUGHT
• Entrepreneurship & Leadership
• Project Management
• Organizational Behavior
• Professional Ethics
• HR Development & Training
• Communication & Presentation Skills
• Management & Marketing Related Courses
• Consumer Behavior
Training and Management/Administrative Experience (Corporate Sector)-Dec 1998-Aug 2000• Standard Chartered Bank--- Training of sales team• At Gerry’s International (Pvt.) Ltd (GSA of Northwest Airlines, Oman Air, Kenya Air and KLM)• Training & Monitoring of Sales Team, preparing and implementing marketing plans • At Gerry’s Net -Marketing of ISP and handling corporate clients• Joint promotions• Coordinating all the stations of 7 various cities• Took care of customer care department • Dealt in press releases, advertisements and all the other matters of marketing etc.• Have worked as a Deputy Head at Aureole High School (O & A Levels) 2000-2002• Served at PNS Rahnuma , Pakistan Navy as civilian In charge of HRM Wing -2005-2006• Basic responsibilities include training, workshops & instruction of officers. • Administration of the department (examination and evaluation, training programs, exam papers, updating syllabus, arranging workshops)• Have the credit of developing 4 training books on HRM, Leadership and Communication Skills. Have also developed Data Bank for Officers’ evaluation.