Dr Adeel has been working in academia and industry for 10+ years. He has completed his PhD as a Fulbright scholar from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA in 2013.
His research interests include Machine learning and Bio-medical engineering.
- Design and development of algorithmic
- Analysis of an automated document
processing system for the design of optical character recognition system.
- Design of Key Performance Indicators for
software developers and development of software for KPI administration.
- Design and development of Data Science
tool for effective management of marketing campaign for Telco industry.
- Design and simulation of novel Intelligent
Transportation algorithms employing variable speed limits and traffic
prediction for congestion alleviation on freeways.
- Analysis of performance of FPGAs and DSPs
in novel Bioinformatics applications.
- Medical Image Analysis, Classification and
- Distributed Application Processing
Framework design for computational intensive mobile applications.
- Text to Speech and Speech to Text
integration in the Automotive HMI.
- Audio/Video synchronization on multiple
screens based on pattern detection.
- Travel-time prediction on freeways based
on advanced machine learning methods.
- Avery, John, and Adeel Yusuf. "System for assigning a
smartphone as a temporary key for a vehicle." U.S. Patent No. 9,595,145.
14 Mar. 2017.
- Yusuf, Adeel, and John Avery.
"Process for synchronizing audio playback on a smartphone with
content displayed on a digital sign." U.S. Patent Application No.
- Farhi, Lubna, Adeel Yusuf, and Rana Hammad
Raza. "Adaptive stochastic segmentation via energy-convergence for
brain tumor in MR images." Journal of Visual Communication
and Image Representation 46 (2017): 303-311.
- Farhi, Lubna, and Adeel Yusuf.
"Comparison of brain tumor MRI classification methods using
probabilistic features." Biomedical Engineering (BioMed),
2017 13th IASTED International Conference on. IEEE, 2017.
- Yusuf, A. and Avery, J., "On the
Hybrid Framework of Personalization Data for the Automotive HMI," SAE
Technical Paper 2014-01-0276, 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-0276.
- Yusuf, Adeel. "Advanced machine
learning models for online travel-time prediction on freeways." Diss.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, 2013. Dissertations and Theses.
Web. 19 November 2013.
- A. Yusuf and V. Madisetti,
"Configuration for Predicting Travel-Time Using Wavelet Packets and
Support Vector Regression," Journal of Transportation Technologies,
Vol. 3 No. 3, 2013, pp. 220-231, doi:10.4236/jtts.2013.33023.
- Yusuf, Adeel, Dawood Khan, and Shoab A.
Khan. "Prediction of Protein Coding Regions on a Programmable VLIW
Architecture," Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Symposium, 2006, pp.
- Yusuf, A; Khan, S.A, "Hardware
Accelerator for Prediction of Exons," Engineering in Medicine and
Biology Society, 2006. EMBS '06. 28th Annual International Conference of
the IEEE, vol., no., pp.2709, 2712, Aug. 30 2006-Sept. 3 2006, doi:
EE-891 Stochastic Systems
CSE-867 Advanced Algorithms Design & Analysis
CSE-804 Machine Learning
EE-831 Advanced Digital Signal Processing
2015 - 2016 Data
Science/Business Analytics consultant with Binary Vibes, Karachi.
2012 - 2013 Co-Op at Panasonic Innovation
Center; worked on the collaborative filtering models, client server
framework for automotive applications and the personalized automotive HMI
design and development.
Fall 2008 Co-Op at
The MathWorks Inc.; worked with the bioinformatics toolbox development
group on Matlab function development.