National University Of Sciences and Technology(NUST), Pakistan SEPT 2010 – Present
DEPARTMENT HEAD(Head of Undergraduate Programme) APPLIED SCIENCES
1stLine role, reported to Dean, Applied Sciences, Pakistan Navy. As the Department Head for the entire PNEC-NUST, responsible for all departmental coordination, planning, implementation, memorandums and all coordination between NUST Head Quarters and Naval Head Quarters about student affairs and all departmental related matters but not limited to the above mentioned tasks.
• Departmental Head Applied Sciences – overall responsible for the planning, implementation and smooth running of UG Program. Arrange and ensure the availability of faculty as per the courses offered during the Program. Supervise 25 faculty members and revise / update the syllabi when required according to NUST regulations in consultation with Dean. Responsible for all academic activities of the faculty.
• Orientation Day – plan, prepare and present on orientation day about the culture and conduct of the university environment.
• MUNINP (Model United Nations in NUST – PNEC) Week – event coordinator for smooth conduct of MUNINP. Helping students in organizing different programs during the week.
• Organizing Job Fair – end to end execution of open house “JOB FAIR” for final graduating students where graduating student exhibition arranged by the university to exhibit final year projects to top engineering firms of the country.
• Works as ILO (Industrial Liaison Officer) – liaison with all industries for internship of students to make them understand professional environment prior going in the practical life.
• Semester Loading – management of entire faculty loading, assign courses to shared faculty of Applied Sciences. Provide AS faculty to other departments for the courses being offered in fall,spring, zero and summer semesters.
• Coordination with CDC (Career Development Centre) – arrangement of top industry professionals and practitioners in coordination with CDC as guest speakers for motivation of students and to spread first hand practical knowledge among students.
• Member of Student Committees and Student Societies – conducting student sporting activities such as Olympiad week in every semester within the university, works as a liaison officer for student communities lead them in arranging student events and activities.
• Community Service (Volunteer) – teaching community service course and helps students to socialize in the community. Visit orphanages, special children schools, burn centres and old homes.Endowment Fund raising for deserving students, also fund raising for under privileged children.
• Member of Shama-e-Ilm Society – faculty and students have opened a charitable school giving free education to less privileged children of the society.
• Faculty Advisor – facilitate and ensure the efficient conduct of duties by course officers of civilian/ service students. Recommend inclusion of UG Curricula books in Library through OI/C Library for purchase and availability.
• Quality Assurance Representative (QA) – coordinate with QA for auditing purpose, Training Commander, Registrar, other Deansfor efficient execution of their duties in relation to UG Program. Responsible for checking lesson plans and preparation of Faculty course folders.
• ISO Coordinator – perform internal audit of different departments bi-annually, maintain all office records up to date for external audits. Liaison with external auditors to facilitate them.
• CMS (Campus Management System) Program Coordinator – responsible for students’ attendance marked by faculty on daily basis as a monitoring tool, loading of classes on CMS. Works as a CMS program coordinator applied sciences department.
• Result Coordinator – deep knowledge of relative grading system followed in NUST. Assist faculty in finalizing results being CMS Coordinator.
• Student Feedback as Lecturer – 90% feedback as Lecturer Statistics. Multi-cultural teaching experience of mixed students of different parts of the world.
• Member Discrepancy Committee – rechecking of all faculty results on OBE (Outcome Based Education) format as per the requirement of PEC (Pakistan Engineering Council).
BAHRIA FOUNDATION COLLEGE MAR 2008 – AUG 2010
Earlier career include 1 role at Bahria Foundation College – as Lecturer Statistics
2ndLine role, reported to Principal. Teaching undergraduate students as per5 the curriculum designed by the HEC (Higher Education Commission).