Military College of Signals (MCS), a Campus of National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science and technology. MCS, NUST holds a unique honor of being the premier Institute to offer Telecommunications Engineering for the first time in Pakistan. As part of its continuing pursuit for excellence in Telecommunications Engineering research, MCS is planning to hold an International Conference on Telecommunications Systems (ICTS‐2015), at its campus, in collaboration with IEEE and related industrial partners. It will be a 4‐days conference to be held on 15‐18 December 2015. The conference will be chaired by Dr. Fahim Arif and Dr. Ashraf Masood as Co‐Chair.
The Conference will be focusing on the future roadmap of Telecommunications Engineering, Networks and Security to meet the real world challenges in these fields of Technology. The conference would lead to future ventures and partnerships between industry and academia which will help NUST in contributing towards promotion of R&D in Pakistan.
The aim of the conference is:
- To provide a forum for researchers, developers and practitioners from academia and industry to meet and share cutting-edge technologies in the field of Telecommunication Engineering, Networks and Security
- To identify the weak and strong areas in the curriculum and bring the same in line with the industrial needs
- To establish a consortium of R&D between Pakistani universities offering similar Engineering Program and Industry
- To encourage indigenous development of products related to these fields.
- To enhance the image of MCS at National and International forums as a Centre of Excellence in Telecommunication Engineering.
Major areas of the conference will be as following:-
- Antennas, Propagation and RF Design
- Transmission Technologies and Communication Theory
- Spectrum Efficient Management, Sensing and Cognitive Radio
- Multiple Antenna Systems and Services
- Cooperative Communications, Distributed MIMO and Relaying
- Wireless / Radio Access Technologies
- Mobile Network Applications and Services
- Ad-hoc, Mesh, Machine-to-Machine and Sensor Networks
- Wireless Networks and Security
- Green Communications and Networks
- Satellite Networks, Positioning Technologies, Localization and Navigation
- Vehicular Communications, Networks and Transportation Systems,
- Smart Grid, Electric Vehicles, and Vehicular Electronics
- Optical Networks and NGN
- 5G Cellular systems and SON
- Network Security
- Telecommunication Policy, Regulations
- Future Trends and Emerging Technologies