Adil Masood Siddiqui completed his bachelor in telecommunications engineering, masters in electronics ans telecommunication and PhD in electrical from University of Engineering and technology in 1994, 2005 and 2009 respectively. His research interest includes image registration, image de-noising, image enhancement and defogging. After successfully completing PhD, he rejoined MCS (NUST) in 2009, where he is currently teaching various courses related to signal and image processing to undergraduate and postgraduate students and supervising postgraduate (MS and PhD) theses besides other academic and research activities. He has contributed over 40 research publications which include 21 Journals.
Honors and Awards
MCS Best Researcher Award for year 2013.
MCS Best Teacher Award for the years 2012 and 2013.
Approved PhD Supervisor by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
Won PhD scholarship, from Higher Education Commission (HEC), after an open competition in all over the Pakistan.
Digital Image processing
Non Rigid Image Registration, Radial Basis Function
Image and video denoising
Defogging and deblurring
Wavelet based Signal and Image Processing
Medical Image Processing
Image Morphing and Warping
||Development of Improved Enhancement Techniques for Security and Surveillance
||Nasir Baig NUST201390104PMCS113F
||The Impact of Business Analytics in Information Security Risk Management.
||Aisha Naseer NUST201590339TMCS1115F
||Removal of blobs from eye examined videos
||Extraction of Contour Lines from Raster Maps
||Atlas based Segmentation of Brain Structures Using 3D MR Images
||Independent Component Analysis based feature extraction and assessment of Alzheimer’s disease using MRI Neuro-imaging biomarker
||Image enhancement (Fog/Haze Removal)
||Normalized Graph Cut Based Image Segmentation
||Security and Surveillance system
||Finger Print Verification System
||Biometric Vein Identification and Authentication System
||Face Detection and Identification System
||Speaker Recognition System
||Gait Recognition System
||Automated System for Classification of Commercial Products
||An FPGA implementation of Hand Vein Recognition System
||Internet Controlled Simulation of Virtual Sensors
||Real time tracking of tgts from moving as well as sta cameras.
||GSM Land Switch.
- N Baig, MM Riaz, A Ghafoor, and AM Siddiqui, “Image Dehazing Using Quadtree Decomposition and Entropy-Based Contextual Regularization” , IEEE Signal Processing Letters 23 (6), 853-857, 2016. .ISSN:1070-9908, IF: 1.661
- W Habib, T Sarwar, AM Siddiqui and I Touqir , “Wavelet denoising of multiframe optical coherence tomography data using similarity measures” , IET Image Processing 11 (1), 64-79, 2016. ISSN:1751-9659, IF: 0.86
- A Anees, AM Siddiqui, and F Ahmed, “Chaotic substitution for highly autocorrelated data in encryption algorithm” ,Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation 19 (9), 3106-3118, 2014. ISSN: 1007-5704, IF:2.866
- A Anees, AM Siddiqui, J Ahmed, I Hussain, “A technique for digital steganography using chaotic maps” ,Nonlinear Dynamics 75 (4), 807-816. 2014. ISSN: 0924-090X, IF:2.849
- MZ Iqbal, A Ghafoor, AM Siddiqui, MM Riaz, U Khalid, “Dual-tree complex wavelet transform and SVD based medical image resolution enhancement” , Signal Processing 105, 430-437, 2014. ISSN: 0165-1684, IF:2.209
- SAR Naqvi, I Touqir, AM Siddiqui, “Sparse representation of image and video using easy path wavelet transform”,Signal Processing 103, 331-347, 2014. ISSN: 0165-1684, IF:2.209
- MR Khokher, A Ghafoor, AM Siddiqui,“Image segmentation using multilevel graph cuts and graph development using fuzzy rule-based system”, IET image processing 7 (3), 201-211, 2013. ISSN:1751-9659, IF: 0.86
- DA Chowdhry, AM Siddiqui and I Touqir, “Contrast Enhancement in Poor Visibility Conditions Using Guided Filtering” , Radioengineering 22 (2), 65, 2013. ISSN: 1210-2512, IF: 0.796
- MR Khokher, A Ghafoor, AM Siddiqui, “ Graph Cuts based Image Segmentation using Fuzzy Rule Based System” , adioengineering 21 (4), 1237, 2012. ISSN: 1210-2512, IF: 0.796
- MZ Iqbal, A Ghafoor and AM Siddiqui, “Satellite image resolution enhancement using dual-tree complex wavelet transform and nonlocal means”, IEEE geoscience and remote sensing letters 10 (3), 451-455, 2013. ISSN: 1545-598X, IF: 1.809
- AM Siddiqui, A Masood and M Saleem, “A locally constrained radial basis function for reg,istration and warping of images”Pattern Recognition Letters 30 (4), 377-390, 2009. ISSN: 0167-8655, IF: 1.303
- U.Zaka, I.Tauqir, A.M Siddique, A.Rashdi, "Time Varying Equalization of Doubly Selective Channel,” Science International Journal, Lahore Pakistan. 29(1), 2017, January-February, Section A, Page No 153-156.
- Qazi Mazhar, Adil Masood Siddique, Imran Touqir and Adnan Ahmad Khan, “Image De-Noising and Compression Using Statistical based Thresholding in 2-D Discrete Wavelet Transform” International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications(IJACSA), 7(11), 2016. ISSN 2158-107X(Print) http://dx.doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2016.071140.
- Maham Haider, Muhammad Usman Riaz, Imran Touqir and Adil Masood Siddiqui,“Denoising in Wavelet Domain Using Probabilistic Graphical Models” International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications(IJACSA), 7(11), 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2016.071141 ISSN 2158-107X(Print).
- Imran Touqir, Adil Masood Siddique and Yasir Saleem, “Wavelet based Scalable Edge Detector” International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), 7(11), 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2016.071126 ISSN 2158-107X(Print).
- Maham Haider, Muhammad Usman Riaz, Imran Touqir and Adil Masood Siddiqui, “Denoising in Wavelet Domain Using Probabilistic Graphical Models” International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications(ijacsa), 7(11), 2016. ISSN 2158-107X(Print) http://dx.doi.org/10.14569/IJACSA.2016.071141
- Tufail, A. , Abidi, A. , Siddiqui, A. , Younis, M.. "Automatic Classification of Initial Categories of Alzheimer's Disease from Structural MRI Phase Images: A Comparison of PSVM, KNN and ANN Methods". World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Science Index 72, International Journal of Medical, Health, Biomedical, Bioengineering and Pharmaceutical Engineering (2012), 6(12), 713 - 717. (2012),
- Muhammad Saleem "Automatic Registration of Geometric Distortions in Satellite Images Based on Control Points" (2009) Mehran University Journal of Engineering and Technology Vol:28(2) pp:129-146.
- Asif Masood, Adil Masood and Muhammad Saleem (2007), A Radial Basis Function for Registration of Local Features in Images, Lecture notes in Computer Science, vol 4826, pp. 651-663, Springer( Berlin / Heidelberg) ISBN: 978-3-540-77128-9. URL: http://www.springerlink.com/content/v32025g772152115/
- Muhammad Saleem, Adil Masood Siddiqui and Imran Touqir, “Image Registration Using Improved Feature Correspondence”, WSEAS Transaction on Signal Processing, Issue 9, vol 2, pp. 1306-1313, ISSN 1790-5022, 2006.
- Imran Touqir, Muhammad Saleem and Adil Masood Siddiqui, “Novel Wavelet Based Edge Detection”, WSEAS Transaction on Signal Processing, Issue 9, vol 2, pp. 1306-1313, ISSN 1790-5022.
- Anees, Amir; Siddiqui, Adil Masood, "A technique for digital watermarking in combined spatial and transform domains using chaotic maps," Information Assurance (NCIA), 2013 2nd National Conference on , vol., no., pp.119,124, 11-12 Dec. 2013 doi: 10.1109/NCIA.2013.6725335. (Best Paper)
- Wajeeha Habib, Adil Masood Siddiqui, “ Wavelet Denoising of multiframe optical Coherence tomography data using correlation analysis” , in Proc of SPIE8922ix international Conference on Medical information processing and analysis, 89220H (November 19, 2013); doi:10.1117/12.2034302.
- AB Tufail, SAR Rizvi, AM Siddiqui, MS Younis, A Abidi, “Independent component analysis based assessment of linked gray and white matter in the initial stages of Alzheimer's disease using structural MRI phase images” ,in Proc of Computer Science and Engineering Conference (ICSEC), 2013 International, 334-338. (4-6 September , 2013) ISBN 978=1-4799-1635-10
- S. A. Raza Naqvi , I. Touqir , A. Siddiqui, “Image and Video Compression Using Easy Path Wavelet Transform,” Tenth International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems 2013 (ISWCS 2013), pp 1-5, August 27 – 30, 2013 – Ilmenau, Germany.
- Habib, Wajiha ; Siddiqui, Adil Masood ; Touqir, Imran "Wavelet Based Despeckling Of Multiframe Optical Coherence Tomography Data Using Similarity Measure and Anisotropic Diffusion Filtering" Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), 2013 IEEE International Conference on, pages 330-333 2013 .
- Danish Ali Chaudhry, Adil Masood Siddiqui, Imran Touqir, “Contrast Enhancement of bad weather degraded images” , The 15th IASTED International Conference on Signal and Image Processing, July 17-19,2013, Banff, Canada.
- Iqbal, M.Z.; Ghafoor, A.; Siddiqui, A.M., "Wavelet transform and Non Local Means based super resolution," Computers and Communications (ISCC), 2012 IEEE Symposium on , vol., no.,pp.000119,000124,1-4July2012. doi: 10.1109/ISCC.2012.6249278
- M R Khokher, A Ghafoor, A M Siddiqui, "Image Segmentation using Fuzzy Rule Based System and Graph Cuts", ICARCV 12, page no. 1148-1153, Dec. 2012.
- Khokher, M.R.; Ghafoor, A.; Siddiqui, A.M., "Multilevel Graph Cuts Based Image Segmentation," Digital Image Computing Techniques and Applications (DICTA), 2012 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,8, 3-5 Dec. 2012 doi: 10.1109/DICTA.2012.6411726.
- Bin Tufail, A.; Abidi, A.; Siddiqui, A.M.; Younis, M.S., "Multiclass classification of initial stages of Alzheimer's disease using structural MRI phase images," Control System, Computing and Engineering (ICCSCE), 2012 IEEE International Conference on , vol., no., pp.317,321, 23-25 Nov. 2012 Penang, Malaysia. doi: 10.1109/ICCSCE.2012.6487163
- Imran Touqir, Adil Masood Siddiqui, “Optimal Wavelet Basis for Image Compression” , Intl Conf on innovations on comm theory INCT 2012, 3-5 Oct 2012, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Khan, M.F.; Saqib, M.; Siddiqui, A.M.; Iqbal, N., "Removal of blobs from retinal videos using intra-video registration," Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (BMEI), 2011 4th International Conference on , vol.1, no., pp.462,466, 15-17 Oct. 2011 doi: 10.1109/BMEI.2011.6098261
- MA Zahid, NI Rao, AM Siddiqui , “English to Urdu transliteration: An application of Soundex algorithm”, in proc of International Conference on Information and Emerging Technologies (ICIET), 14-16 June 2010.
- Adil Masood Siddiqui and Muhammad Saleem, (2008), Registration of Local Deformations’ in Images, , in Proc. of Second International Conference on Electrical Engineering(ICEE ’08),25-26 March 2008, pp 346-351, ISBN: 978-1-4244-2293-7.
- Siddiqui.A.M. Saleem.M, Masud.A, (2007), A Local Transformation Function for Images, in Proc. International Conference on Electrical Engineering(ICEE ’07),11-12 April 2007, pp 1-5, ISBN: 1-4244-0893-8.
- I.Touqir, Saleem.M and Siddiqui.A.M., (2007), Hybrid Edge detector, in Proc. International Conference on Electrical Engineering(ICEE ’07),11-12 April 2007, pp 1-4, ISBN: 1-4244-0893-8.
- Muhammad Saleem, Imran Touqir and Adil Masood Siddiqui, “Novel Edge Detection”, International Conference on Information Technology (ITNG’07), IEEE Computer Society, pp. 175-180, Washington, DC, USA, April 2007.
- Muhammad Saleem, Adil Masood Siddiqui, Imran Touqir, “Efficient Features Correspondence for Image Registration”, Proc. of 6th WSEAS International Conference on Signal, Speech and Image Processing (SSIP’06), Lisbon , Portugal, September 22-24, 2006.
- Imran Touqir, Muhammad Saleem and Adil Masood Siddiqui, “Edge Detection by Wavelet Scale Correlation,” Proc. of the 6th WSEAS International Conference on Signal, Speech and Image Processing, Lisbon, Portugal Pages 54-57, 2006. ISBN ~ ISSN:5432-1234
- Muhammad Saleem, Adil Masood Siddiqui, Imran Touqir, “An Efficient Image Matching Algorithm”, Proc. of 10th world multiconference on Systemic, Cybernetics and Informatics, Orlando, Florida, USA, vol-v, pp. 175-179, 2006.
Advanced Digital Image Processing
Advanced Digital Signal Processing
Information theory and Coding
Modeling Simulation and Optimization
Signals and Systems
Telecommunication Switching principles
Telecommunication System Planning
Electronic Circuits I
Electronic Circuits II
Modern Trends in Communication