Dr. Imran Rashid
Head of Department
Department of Electrical Engineering
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
Humayun Road, Rawalpindi.
Wireless and Mobile Communication Systems
PhD (University of Manchester, UK)
Imran Rashid did his BE in Electrical (Telecomm) Engineering from National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan, in 1999. He received his MSc degree in Telecomm Engineering(Optical Communication) from D.T.U Denmark in 2004 and his PhD in Mobile Communication from University of Manchester, U.K in 2011. Currently, he is the Associate Head of the Department at Information Security Department, National University of Sciences and Technology, Pakistan.
Mobile and Wireless Communication
Compressed Sensing for MIMO OFDM systems
Massive MIMO Systems
M2M for Mobile systems
Cooperative Communication Systems
Cognitive Radio Systems
RFID Security Protocols
Information Security for Wireless and Mobile Systems
1) Journal Papers
- Novel Miniaturized Koch Pentagonal Fractal Antenna for Multiband Wireless Applications; Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol.141, 693-710, 2013
- Selection of VoIP CODECs for different networks based On QoS analysis; International Journal of Computer Applications, Issue of December 2013
2) Conference Papers
- Impact of M2M Traffic on LTE Data Traffic Performance, 4th International Conference on Dynamics in Logistics (LDIC), Bremen, Germany, 10-14 Feb, 2014.
- Gaussian Multiple Access and Broadcast Channel Duality Comparison of Discrete Constellations, Wireless Telecommunications Symposium (WTS-2014), Washington DC, USA, 9-11 April, 2014.
- A Q-Learning Approach for optimization of interference constellations in Femto-Macro cellular architecture in downlink, accepted for publication in 6th International Symposium on Communication, Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP-2014), Petras, Greece, 21-23 May 2014.
- Large Scaled Multi-User MIMO System so called Massive MIMO Systems for Future Wireless Communication Networks, 19th International Conference on Automation & Computing, Brunel University, London, UK, 13-14 September 2013.
- Impact of Massive MIMO Systems on Future M2M, IEEE 11th Malaysia International Conference on Communications, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia MICC-2013, 27-28 Nov, 2013.
- Enhancing Throughput viz-a-viz Fairness In Uplink Diversity Based VMIMO Femtocell Environment, 7th International Conference on open source software systems and technologies, 16-18 Dec, 2013 ICOSST 2013
- Cyber Threats and Incident Response Capability- A Case Study of Pakistan, IEEE 2nd National Conference on Information Assurance, 11-12 Dec 2013, NCIA-2013.
- Primary User Emulation Attack and their Mitigation Strategies, IEEE 2nd National Conference on Information Assurance, 11-12 Dec 2013, NCIA-2013
- Novel HARQ Schemes for MIMO Single-hop and Multi-hop Relay Systems, 21st Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC-2010), Istanbul, Turkey, Sep 2010
- HARQ Combining schemes for MIMO Systems, EEE Poster Conf-2009, University of Manchester, UK, Nov, 2009
- Crosstalk Analysis in Planner Waveguide Couplers IEEE ICET-2006, 13-14 Nov, 2006
- Investigation of Non-linear Effects at High Speed Systems, IEEE ICET-2006, 13-14 Nov, 2006
- Digital Modulation Identification by Basic Modulation Parameters, IEEE INMI- 2005
- Modulation Identification by Modulating Parameters, 3rd CCT- 2005, Austin (Texas), USA, July, 2005.
Advanced Wireless Communication
Advanced Digital Communication Systems
Digital Communication Systems
Mobile Communication Systems
Communication and Network Security
Advanced Computer Networks
Computer Secure User Course (CSCU) - EC Council Certified Course
Three years experience in working with R & D setup at MCS and developed DSP based secure algorithms for commercial HF and VHF radio sets ( Mar 2004-Mar 2007).