Computer vision is a field that includes methods for acquiring, processing, analyzing, and understanding images and, in general, high-dimensional data from the real world in order to produce numerical or symbolic information, e.g., in the forms of decisions. A theme in the development of this field has been to duplicate the abilities of human vision by electronically perceiving and understanding an image. This image understanding can be seen as the disentangling of symbolic information from image data using models constructed with the aid of geometry, physics, statistics, and learning theory. Computer vision has also been described as the enterprise of automating and integrating a wide range of processes and representations for vision perception.
Assoc. Prof. Dr.Adil Masood Siddiqui
Asst. Prof. Dr. Fahim Arif
Asst. Prof. Dr. Naveed Iqbal Rao
Image Processing Lab
Virtual Reality Lab
Object Tracking (Product being used at NDC, NESCOM)
Unmanned Ground Vehicle
UAV Image Analysis
Orthorectification & Mosaicing
Image Segmentation and Analysis
Urdu OCR System, Fat curve model for representation of Arabic/Urdu characters
Traffic Safety – Monitoring and Control, Congestion Detection, Flow Optimization
University of Central Florida, USA
Carnegie Mellon University, USA
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
GET Lab of Paderborn University, Germany
Research Centre for Modeling and Simulation, NUST
Military College of Engineers, NUST
National Transport Research Centre, NHA Islamabad
IGIST University, Korea has offered a seat for fully funded MS/PhD in the area of Image Processing
- NS Hina Saeeda, Brig Dr Fahim Arif” Agile Scalability for Large Scale Projects: Lessons Learned” International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT-2015) 28-29 Apr 2015) Ankara Turkey.
- NS Sajjad Ali, NS Muhammad Abdul Basit Ur Rahim, Brig. Fahim Arif, Ph.d” Formal Verification of Internal Block Diagram of SysML for Modeling Real-Time System” 16th IEEE/ACIS International Conference onSoftware Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/DistributedComputing (SNPD 2015) 1-3 Jun 2015(Takamatsu, Japan.
- NS Rabil Tahir, Brig Dr Fahim Arif” Mobile Technology in Children Education: Analyzing Parents’ Attitude towards Mobile Technology for Children” The Science and Information Conference 2015) 28-30 Jul 2015, London, United Kingdom.
- NS Hafiza Tehmina Kanwal, Brig Dr Fahim Arif, Asst Prof Athar Mohsin Zaidi,” Software Requirement Engineering, a new leave towards the sliver bullet” The Science and Information Conference 2015) 28-30 Jul 2015, London, United Kingdom.
- NS Sajjad Ali, NS Muhammad Abdul Basit Ur Rahim, Brig. Fahim Arif, Ph.d,” Formal Verification of Time Constrains SysML” 15th International Conference on Computional Science and Applications (ICCSA 2015) 22-25 Jun 2015, Bannf, Alberta, Canda.
- NS Abdul Basit Ur Rahim, Brig Dr Fahim Arif, Dr Jamil Ahmad,” Modeling of Embedded System Using SysML and its Parallel Verification Using DiVinE Tool” The 14th International Conference on Computational Science and its Application 2014 30 Jun 2013 to 3 Jul 2014Guimaraes, Portugal.
- NS Rabail Tahir, Brig Dr Fahim Arif “Framework for Evaluating the Usability of Mobile Educational Application for Children” The 3rdInternational Conference on Informatics Engineering and Information Science CIES-2014)22-24Sep 2014) Lodz Univ of Technology, Lodz, Poland.
- NC Ayesha Nayyar, NC Asma Sajid, NC Ubaid Ur Rehman and Lt Col Dr Fahim Arif An Advance Two Phase Commit Transaction Model for Mobile Databases” & “Adaptive Component Based Recovery Block”, 3rd International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE-2011), 21-23 Jan2011, Chongqing, China.
- Lt Col Dr Fahim Arif and Sadia Afsar IIUI, “An Agent-Based Autonomous Controllers for Traffic Management” 2nd International Conference on Software Engineering and Computer Systems, 27-29 Jun 2011, Univ of Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia.
- Sundus Bokhari and Fahim Arif, " Analyzing Effects of Multi Agents Technology towards Software Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering ", in proceedings of 2nd IEEE International Conference on Information and Emerging Technologies (ICIET-2010), Karachi, Pakistan, 14-16 June 2010.
- Farrukh Khan, M. Y. Javed and Fahim Arif, “Quality Assurance of Energy Aware Routing Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Network” in the Proceedings of the Suntec International Conference 2010 (IACSIT’10), Feb 26-28, 2010, Singapore, pp. 168-171.
- Sadaf Khalid, Saima Zehra and Fahim Arif, “Analysis of object oriented complexity and testability using object oriented design metrics”, in proceedings of the 2010 National Software Engineering Conference (NSEC,2010), Rawalpindi, Pakistan, 4-5 Oct 2010.
- Shahela Saif, Aliya Ashraf Khan and Dr. Fahim Arif, “An Analysis of a Comprehensive Planning Framework for Customizing SQA”, in proceedings of the 2010 National Software Engineering Conference (NSEC,2010), Rawalpindi, Pakistan, 4-5 Oct 2010.
- S.I. Gilani, M. Younas, A. Masood, (2010), “Gender Estimation of Two Dimensional Frontal Facial Images”, GESTS International Transactions on Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 59, no. 2, pp.--- (accepted for publication).
- H. Naeem, A. Masood, (2010), “An optimal dynamic threat evaluation and weapon scheduling technique”, Knowledge-Based Systems, Elsevier Science. (In Press).
- R. Malik, A. Masood, (2009), “Fingerprint Enhancement and Reconstruction”, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 5755: Emerging Intelligent Computing Technology and Applications, pp. 660–669, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- H. Naeem, A. Masood, M. Hussain, S.A. Khan, (2009), “A Semi-Automated Dynamic approach to Threat Evaluation and Optimal Defensive Resource Allocation”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 5754: Emerging Intelligent Computing Technology and Applications. pp. 8–17, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- M.I. Khan, J. Ahmed, A. Ali, A. Masood, (2009), “Robust Edge-Enhanced Fragment Based Normalized Correlation Tracking in Cluttered and Occluded Imagery”, accepted for publication in International Symposium on Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, Jeju Island, Korea.
- M.I. Khan, J. Ahmed, A. Ali, A. Masood, (2009), “Robust Edge-Enhanced Fragment Based Normalized Correlation Tracking in Cluttered and Occluded Imagery”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, vol. 12, pp. 25.
- M. Zafar, A. Masood, (2009), “Interactive English to Urdu Machine Translation using Example-Based Approach”, International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, vol 1, no. 3, pp. 276-283.
- H. Naeem, A. Masood, M. Hussain, S.A. Khan, (2009), “A Novel Two-Stage Dynamic Decision Support based Optimal Threat Evaluation and Defensive Resource Scheduling Algorithm for Multi Air-borne threats”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 159-166.
- Masood, M. Sarfraz, (2009), capturing outlines of 2D objects with Bézier cubic approximation, Image and Vision Computing, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 704-712, Elsevier Science.
- A.M. Siddiqui, A. Masood, M. Saleem, (2009), A locally constrained radial basis function for registration and warping of images, Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 377 – 390, Elsevier Science.
- Z.Gilani and N.I. Rao, “Fast Block Clustering Based Optimized Adaptive Mediod Shift”, LNCS Vol 5702/2009, page 435-443, Sep 09.
- Fahim Arif and An-Ming Wu, “Using Processed Imagery of FORMOSAT-2 Satellite for Disaster Investigation / Prediction” in the Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, IPCV 2009, July 13-16, 2009, Las Vegas Nevada, USA, 2 Volumes (IPCV’09), pp.946-950.
- Zulqarnain Gilani and Naveed Iqbal Rao, “A Clustering Based Automated Glacier Segmentation Scheme Using Digital Elevation Model”, InProc IEEE DICTA 2009, pages 277-284, 1-3 Dec 2009, Melbourne, Australia.
- Rabia Khan, Naveed Iqbal Rao, Abdul Ghafoor, Paper titled "A Novel Texture Based Blind Audio in Image Watermarking Scheme using Wavelet Transform" accepted at International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE 2009), IEEE, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Rabia Khan, Naveed Iqbal Rao, Abdul Ghafoor, Paper titled "A Blind Image Adaptive Watermarking Scheme for Audio using Wavelet Transform" accepted at International Conference on Digital Image Processing (ICDIP 2009), IEEE, Bangkok, Thailand.
- F. Ahmad, A. Masood, (2009), “A publicly verifiable low cost signcryption scheme ensuring confidentiality”, accepted for publication in 2nd International Conference on Networks Security, Wireless Communications and Trusted Computing, Wuhan, China.
- U. Ahmed, A. Masood, (2009), “Host based Intrusion Detection using RBF neural networks” 5th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- H. Naeem, A. Masood, (2009), “Novel Two-Stage Dynamic Decision Support based Optimal Threat Evaluation and Defensive Resource Scheduling Algorithm for Multi Air-borne threats” proc. 29th SGAI International Conference on Innovative Techniques and Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Cambridge, England.
- Masood, R. Hussain, (2009), “Fat Curve Model for Representation of Urdu/Arabic Fonts” proc. 2009 Northeast American Society of Engineering Education Conference, Bridgeport, CT, USA.
- Masood, (2008), optimized polygonal approximation by dominant point deletion, Pattern Recognition, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 227 – 239, Elsevier Science.
- Masood, K. Zareef, (2009), “Image Mosaicing using an Efficient Correlation Algorithm”, accepted for publication in the proc. 4th International Conference Geometric Modelling and Imaging, Barcelona, Spain.
- M. Rizwan, M. Ilyas, A. Masood, I. Towhata, (2008), An Approach to Digitize Analog Form of Accelerograms Recorded at Tarbela – Pakistan, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 328 – 332, Elsevier Science.
- Masood, M. Sarfraz, S.A. Haq, (2008), An efficient technique for capturing 2D Objects, Computers and Graphics, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 93 – 104, Elsevier Science.
- M. Rizwan, M. Ilyas, A. Masood, (2008), Design Spectrums Based On Earthquakes Recorded at Tarbela, Mehran University Research Journal Of Engineering & Technology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 199-212.
- Masood, (2008), A growing Bezier curve for efficient curve approximation, Nust Journal of Engineering and Sciences, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1-11.
- Bilal, M, Naveed I Rao, Intisar R., Sarmad M, Farhan T, "A Brain Computer Interface (BCI) using Fractional Fourier Transform with Time Domain Normalization and Heuristic Weight Adjustment", ICSP,08, October 2008.
- Amina Asghar, M, Naveed I Rao, "Color Image Segmentation Using Multilevel Clustering Approach", accepted in DICTA2008, IEEE Computer Society, December 2008, Canberra, Australia.
- Amina Asghar, M, Naveed I Rao, "Semantics Sensitive Segmentation and Annotation of Natural Images", accepted in SITIS2008, IEEE Computer Society, Nov/Dec 2008, Bali, Indonesia.
- Saarah Ahmed, M, Naveed I Rao, Abdul Ghafoor, Ahmed Muqeem Sherry, "Face Super-Resolution Using Direct Locality Preserving Projections", accepted in ICACTE2008, IEEE Computer Society, December 20-22, 2008, Phuket Island, Thailand.
- Fahim Arif, Muhammad Akbar, Aysegul Cuhadar and An-Ming Wu, “Enhancing Pixel Projection Method of Geometric Correction of Satellite Imagery with Wavelet Based Resampling Algorithm” in Proceedings of 5th International Conference on Computing, Communications and Control Technologies (CCCT 2007), 12-15 July 2007, Orlando, Florida, USA .
- Fahim Arif, Muhammad Akbar and An-Ming Wu, “Geometric correction of high resolution satellite imagery and its residual analysis” in Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Advances in Space Technology, 2-3 Sep 2006, Islamabad, Pakistan, pp 162-166.
Contact (Focal Person)
Dr Adil Masood Siddiqui