Dr. Rai Waqas Azfar Khan
Construction Engineering & Management Department (Sectory Reasearch Center For CPEC)
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
College of Civil Engineering Risalpur
Sustainable (Social-Economic-Environmental) Aspects of CPEC, Logistics and Supply Chain Management with special focus on Lean, Agile, Resilient and Green Practices. Optimization and exploitation of China Pakistan Economic Corridor’s potential. Measurement
Split PhD (NUST. Pak. & Manchester Business School. U.K.)
Dr. Rai Waqas Azfar Khan is currently the Secretary Research Center for CPEC / Assistant Professor at Military College of Engineering, NUST Campus at Risalpur, Pakistan. He completed his BE (Civil Engg) degree from Military College of Engg (MCE) Risalpur Cantt in 1997. He holds MS in Total Quality Management, I.Q.T.M Punjab University Lahore, M.S Water Resources Engineering C.E.W.R.E., UET Lahore, Pakistan. Dr. Rai Waqas Azfar Khan has over 15 years vast and diversified industry, consultancy and academia Experience; which included designing, construction/supervision, project management and design project coordination, experience. Have experience of managing projects spread over a large areas
- Split PhD (NUST. Pak. & Manchester Business School. U.K.)
- MS in Total Quality Management, I.Q.T.M Punjab University Lahore,
- M.S Water Resources Engineering C.E.W.R.E, UET Lahore, Pakistan.
- BE in Civil Engineering, MCE, NUST, Pakistan
Diploma in Science Technology & Innovation Policy, from MIoIR, Manchester Business School. U.K. 15 Sep - 14 Oct 2012.
2012 Commonwealth Split PhD Scholarships for Research Abroad.
2009 NUST - Mega Science & Technology Merit Scholarship for PhD Studies
Professional Engineer (PE), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
Member, Institute of Engineers Pakistan MIE (Pak).
Member, International Society for Business Innovation & Technology Management
Member, Australian Academy of Business Leadership
- Exploitation of KPK Economic Zones along CPEC
- Exploitation of Baluchitan's Economic Zones along CPEC
- Exploitation of FATA Economic Zones along CPEC
- Exploitation of Southern Punjab Economic Zones along CPEC
- Exploitation of Lean Construction along CPEC
- Exploitation of Green Construction along CPEC
- Exploitation of Agile Construction along CPEC
- Exploitation of Resilient Construction along CPEC
- Measurement of Economic Performance of Economic Zones along CPEC
- Measurement of Social Performance of Economic Zones along CPEC
- Measurement of Operational Performance of Economic Zones along CPEC
- Measurement of Environmental Performance of Economic Zones along CPEC
- Measurement of Sustainable Performance of Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Mineral Resources based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Furniture based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Leather based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Fruit based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Vegetable based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Halal Meat based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Cotton Yarn based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Construction of Apparel based - Value Added - Economic Zones along CPEC
- Imparting Sustainability to Value Added Exports / Products related with CPEC
- Imparting Sustainability to Reverse Supply Chain Exports / Products related with CPEC
- Imparting Sustainability to Costal Harbours / Ports related with CPEC
- Imparting Sustainability to Gilgit-Baltistan's Economic Zones along CPEC
- Imparting Sustainability to Gilgit-Baltistan's Tourism Potential along CPEC
Paper published in ‘Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology’, (HEC Recognized “X” Category Journal), Application of Lean Agile Resilient Green Paradigm Framework on China Pakistan Economic Corridor: as A Case Study. Volume 36, No. 3, July, 2017, http://publications.muet.edu.pk/research_papers/pdf/pdf1573.pdf [p-ISSN: 0254-7821, e-ISSN: 2413-7219]).
- Paper published in: Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Journal. Springer Journal, 2016 Impact Factor: 2.760, First Online: 14 September 2016, DOI: 10.1007/s11356-016-7644-7 (ISI Indexed)
- Paper published on-line by Elsevier in “Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences”, which is indexed in the Science Direct Database. “Performance Measurement: A Conceptual Framework for Supply Chain Practices” Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences,Volume 150, 15 September 2014, Pages 803-812, DOI:10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.09.089.
- Paper has been accepted for publication in the journal “Australia and New Zealand Journal of Social Business, Environment and Sustainability” (ANJSBES), ISSN:2206-4346 (Online).
- Paper Presented in the (APBITM), 2011 IEEE International Summer Conference, July 2011 Dalian, China, “Green supply chain management - Global opportunities and challenges: A case study”, INSPEC Accession Number: 12192644, DOI: 10.1109/APBITM.2011.5996280, (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5996280/).
- Paper Presented in the 6th conference “International Days of Statistics and Economic”, Finding Common Ground for Alignment of Supply Chain Paradigms. Held in Prague, Czech Republic,13-15, 2012 ISBN 978-80-86175-86-7
- Paper Presented in the 10th International Strategic Management Conference held in Rome, Italy, June 19-21, 2014: DOI:10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.09.089 (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877042814051386).
Paper Presented in the Sydney International Business Research Conference (SIBRC) 2017’ held at Novotel Sydney Central, Sydney, Australia, from 24-26 March 2017. Paper number SIBSRC2017-P118-R13. ISBN 978-0-9946029-2-3
- Azfar, Khan Rai Waqas. (2017). “Formulation and Validation of Framework to Measure Sustainable Supply Chain Performance with regards to Lean, Agile, Resilient and Green Practices”
Have taught Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Technology Management, Total Quality Management, Project Management, Construction Management, Irrigation, Engineering Hydrology and Public Health Engg. to B.E & M.S classes at College of E&ME & M.C.E (N.U.S.T)
Vetting of design Nalah Lai Expressway and flood channel project.
Designing of more than 50 projects for Army Navy and Air Force having Water Supply and Sewerage Schemes for buildings and cantonments.
Construction/supervision of Makran Costal Highway Project Liari-Ormara section.
Construction/supervision of National Highway N-5 (Obaro - Rohri Sec).
Construction/supervision of 40 km roads, in Khyber/Mohmand Agency under American embassy's (N.A.S) Project.
Construction/supervision of Cardiac Centre, renovation of different wards in CMH Lahore.
Project Coordinator for remedial measures of Hattian Bala Landslide Dam formed due to earthquake 2005 in AJK area.
Project Coordinator of Mangla Dam Raising Project, for monitoring of physical progress of construction as well as implementation of Environmental Management Plan (EMP) & Mitigation measures which were suggested during Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of Project.
Project Coordinator for monitoring Right Bank Out Fall Drain project from Sewan to Gharu in Sindh.
Member Board of Officer deputed for evaluation of estimates & construction at New GHQ Complex at Islamabad as well as assisting in carrying out EMP & providing mitigation measures which were suggested during EIA. Carried out Pre feasibility Study for Small Dams in Mohmand Agency. Performed Disaster Management Duties.