Dr Muhammad Bilal Khurshid has been granted
- Transportation Infrastructure Systems Outstanding Research Award by Purdue University, USA
- Awarded competitive scholarship from the Pakistan Government (Ministry of Defence) for MSc leading to PhD in USA in 2005.
- Awarded competitive scholarship from Civil Engineering Department of Purdue University, USA, for Applied Management Principles (AMP) Program (Mini MBA), Krannet School of Management, Purdue University in May 2007 (based on outstanding performance in academics and research in the Civil Engg Dept).
- Recipient of 2010 Infrastructure Systems Research Award for outstanding research in Transportation in Civil Engineering Department of Purdue University, USA, in 2010.
- Best Institute (MCE) Teacher Award by NUST in 2012.
- Best Paper of Corps of Engineers Journal 2014, Award.