The Microwave and Antennas (MicA) research group at Department of Electrical Engineering, NUST College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering is focused on the research, design, simulation, fabrication and testing microwave elements and antennas. The group comprises several experienced researchers, who have expertise of designing practical systems related to the microwave engineering. The group is actively working on a number of projects and many students have already completed their MS theses work in connection with these projects.
|Prof. Dr. Mojeeb Bin Ihsan
||Microwave Engineering, Antenna Design, Semiconductors
|Dr. Qasim Umar Khan
||Microwave, Antenna Design
|Asst Prof. Zubair Ahmed
||Microwave and Antenna Engineering
|Asst Prof. Anis Chaudary
|Engr. Amir Javed
||Radar signal processing
|Engr. Dilaawaiz Fazal
|Engr. Tahira Parveen
|Engr. Amna Khalid
Publications: (Journal Papers)
1. Q.U.Khan et.al. "Higher Order Modes: A Solution for High Gain, Wide Band Patch Antennas for Different Vehicular Applications" IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, accepted for publication, June 2016. Impact Factor: 2.243
2. Q.U.Khan, D.Fazal and M.B.Ihsan,"Use of Slots to Improve Performance of Patch in Terms of Gain and Side Lobes Reduction," IEEE Antenna and Wireless Propagation Letter, doi 10.1109/LAWP.2014.2365588, vol.14, pp- 422-425, Feb, 2015.
3. Q.U.Khan and M.B.Ihsan, "Higher Order Mode Excitation for High Gain Microstrip Patch Antenna," AEUE - International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol.68, No.11, pp.1073-1077, June, 2014.
4. D.Fazal, Q.U.Khan and M.B.Ihsan, "Use of partial Koch boundaries for improved return loss, gain and sidelobe levels of triangular patch antenna" IET Electronics Letter, Vol.48, No.15,2012
5. Muhammad Wasif, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Performance of Thinned Microstrip Reflectarrays” IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol-2, No. 2, pp 581-585 Dec 2010.
6. Muhammad Wasif, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Performance of Thinned Microstrip Reflectarrays” IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol-2, No. 2, pp 581-585 Dec 2010.
Publications: (Conference Papers)
1. Qasim Umar Khan and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Design Guidelines for Designing High Gain Patch Antenna in the Ku-band, CENICS 2015”: The Eighth International Conference on Advances in Circuits, Electronics and Micro-electronics, pp 13-16, ISBN: 978-1-61208-430-5.
2. Abbas, T, .Khalid, N.; Bin Ihsan, M. Power amplifier design using GaN HEMT in class-AB mode for LTE communication band”, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), 2015 International , 24 to 28 August, Dubrovnik, pp 685-689, IEEE, DOI 10.1109/IWCMC.2015.7289166.
3. Muhammad Shehbaz, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, Anis Chaudhary, Ijteba-ul-Hasnain Shah, Habib Ahmad, Performance Comparison of λg/2 Resonator Based Oscillators, 11th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences And Technology (IBCAST) Islamabad, 14th – 18th January 2014, pp 482 – 487.
4. Liaqat, Sidrah ; bin Ihsan, Mojeeb ; Asghar, S.Zeeshan ; Ejaz, Aqib ; Javed, Aamir, High resolution 2D time frequency representation of radar micro-Doppler pedestrian signal, Radar Conference (EuRAD) 2013, 10th European, Oct 2013, pp 168 – 171.
5. Javed, Aamir ; Liaqat, Sidrah ; Bin Ihsan, Mojeeb , Support Vector Machine based micro-Doppler signature classification of ground targets Microwave Conference (EuMC), 2013, 10th European, Oct 2013, pp 515-518.
6. Umar Khan, Q. ; Bin Ihsan, M. A new microstrip star shaped patch antenna , TENCON Spring Conference, 2013 IEEE , Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/ TENCON Spring.2013.6584417 Publication Year: 2013 , Page(s): 53 – 56
7. Nauman Akhtar, Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, Muhammad Imran, Impedance Bandwidth Enhancement of Low Noise Amplifier Using Photonic Band Gap Structures, Proceedings of 2013 10th International Bhurban Conference Of Applied Sciences And Technology (IBCAST), Islamabad, Pakistan, 15 – 19 January 2013.
8. A. Javed, A.Ejaz, S. Liaqat, A. Ashraf ,M.B. Ihsan Automatic Target Classifier for a Ground Surveillance Radar using Linear Discriminant Analysis and Logistic Regression Proceedings of The 9th European Radar Conference, 31 Oct - 2 Nov 2012, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.pp 302 – 305.
9. S.Liaqat, S.A Khan, M.B.Ihsan, S.Z.Asghar, A.Ejaz “Automatic Recognition of Ground Radar Target RCS and Short Time Spectrum Variance” Innovation in Intelligent Systems and Applications (INISTA) 2011 pp 164-167, IEEE International Symposium.
10. Abbas Bin Younas Awan, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “A New High Directivity Fractal Antenna Based on the Modified Koch Snowflake Geometry” Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC 2010) Dec 7-10, 2010, Yokohama Japan.
11. Muhammad Wasif, Zubair Ahmed and Mojeeb Bin Ihsan, “Performance Comparison of Different Aperture Shapes for Microstrip Reflect array,” German Microwave Conference (GeMIC), Germany, Mar 2010, pp 250 to 253.
• Design and Development of indigenous RADAR
• Microwave Engineering Research Laboratory (MERL).
|Engr. Muhammad Wasif
|Engr. Abbas Bin Younas
Dr. Qasim Umar Khan,
Associate Head, MicA Research Group,