The High Performance Embedded Systems (HPES) research group at Department of Electrical Engineering, NUST College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering is focused on the research and development in the field of high performance embedded systems technologies. The group comprises of several experienced researchers, who have expertise in various areas related to FGPAs, DSPs, ASICs and other embedded platforms. The group is actively working on a number of projects and many students have already completed their MS theses work in connection with these projects.
|Dr. Raees Ahmed
|Dr. Usman Ali
||Digital Design,Image Processing
|Dr. Shahzor Ahmad
||Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Signal Processing
|Asst Prof. Kamran Aziz Bhatti
||Digital Design, Biomedical Signal Processing
Publications: (Journal Papers)
1. Muhammad Latif, Asim D. Bakhshi, Usman Ali, and Raees A. Siddiqui, "Empirical Mode Decomposition on T-Wave Alternans Detection," Journal of Image and Graphics, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 110-115, December 2016. doi: 10.18178/joig.4.2.110-115
2. Paul W. Prickett, Raees A. Siddiqui, Roger I. Grosvenor, “The development of an end-milling process depth of cut monitoring system”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2011.
3. Paul W. Prickett, Raees A. Siddiqui, Roger I. Grosvenor, “A microcontroller-based end milling cutter monitoring and management system”, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2011.
4. Usman Ali and Mohammad Bilal Malik, "Hardware/Software Co-Design Of A Real-Time Kernel Based Tracking System ", Journal of Systems Architecture, vol. 56, no. 8, pp. 317-326, 2010.
5. Raees A. Siddiqui, R.I. Grosvenor, P.W. Prickett, “Microcontrollerbased Real-Time Frequency Analysis using Overlap FFT for e-Monitoring Applications” submitted in International Journal of Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing in 2009.
6. R. A. Siddiqui, W. Amer, Q. Ahsan, R.I. Grosvenor, P.W. Prickett, “Multi-band Infinite Impulse Response Filtering using Microcontrollers for eMonitoring Applications,” International Journal of Microprocessors and Microsystems, 2007.
Publications: (Conference Papers)
1. Ume Hani, Usman Ali, Arbab Waleed, Muhammad Salman, “Using Adaptive Filtering for Three Phase Distorted Grid Connected System”, International conference on Computing, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Pakistan, 2016.
2. .A. Siddiqui, R. I. Grosvenor, P. W. Prickett, “dsPIC based Advanced Data Acquisition System for Monitoring, Control and Security Applications”, In the proceedings of 12th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST), Islamabad Pakistan, 13th - 17th January, 2015.
3. S. Ashraf, S. Waheed, R. A. Siddiqui, A. A. Khan, “Interfacing and processing of live E1 Stream using FPGA”, In the proceedings of 12th International Bhurban onference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST), Islamabad, Pakistan, 13th - 17th January, 2015,
4. S. Waheed, R. A. Siddiqui, S. Ashraf, “Design and implementation of IPV4 filtering database using FPGA”, In the proceedings of 12th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST), Islamabad, Pakistan, 13th - 17th January, 2015.
5. R. Ali, R. A. Siddiqui, Z. Qi, Dr Hong, “FFT Based Acquisition of Multi-GNSS Signals”, In the proceedings of 12th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST), Islamabad, Pakistan, 13th - 17th January, 2015.
6. R. A. Siddiqui, R. I. Grosvenor, P. W. Prickett, “An Embedded Microcontrollerbased Milling Process Management System” in proceeding of INDIN 24-26th June 2009, 7th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN 2009), Cardiff UK.
7. R.A. Siddiqui, S. Ashraf, S. Waheed, “Interfacing of STM-1 stream with FPGA”, presented in the proceeding of International Burban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology ( IBCAST), Islamabad in January 2014.
8. Muhammad Umer, Waqar Ahmed, Muhammad Hammad Tariq, Usman Ali , “Carrier and symbol synchronization in digital receivers using feedback compensation loop and early late gate on FPGA”, International Conference on Robotics and Emerging Allied Technologies in Engineering (iCREATE), Islamabad, 2014.
Dr. Raees Ahmed,
Head, HPES Research Group,