1. Semiconductor materials, Quantum Materials, Nanoscale Advanced Materials, Condensed Matter Physics, Solid State Physics, Material Physics.
2. Nanophysics (thin films and nanostructured e.g. nanoparticles, nanorods, nanowires etc).
3. Spintronics (Transition and Rare earth metal oxides based semiconductors).
4. Dilute Magnetic Semiconductors (DMS).
5. Nanoscale semiconductor physics.
6. Structural and morphological properties of nano-dimension materials.
7. Studies of magnetic interaction in low dimensional systems.
8. Electronic, electrical, dielectrics and optical properties of nanoscale materials.
9. Ferroelectrics, composites and multiferroic properties of nanostructured systems.
10. Designed and fabrication of Graphite ion sources for synthesis of Carbon based materials.
11. Carbon based nano-physics (e.g. carbon clusters, carbon soot, carbon nanoparticles etc).
12. Carbon based 2D, 1D and 0D nanoscale materials (e.g. Graphene, nanotubes and fullerenes).
13. 2D nanomaterials (e.g. MoS2, MoSe2, WS2, WSe2, BN, SnS2 etc).
14. Topological insulators.
15. Renewable energy (e.g. solar cells, Li-ions battery, thermoelectric materials and super capacitors).
16. Spectroscopy and Microscopy.
17. Computer simulations (density of states).
Synthesis Skills (Advanced Nano-materials):
1. Sol-gel and co-precipitation method for the synthesis of nanoparticles.
2. Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) for thin films preparations.
3. Solid state reaction synthesis method for bulk materials.
4. DC glow discharge sputtering (carbon based nanoparticles, nanoclusters and soot).
5. Spin coater in static and dynamic modes for thin films fabrications.
6. Hydrothermal method used for the preparation of nanorods.
7. Chemical Vapour Deposition (CVD) technique used for 1D and 2D materials.
8. Magnetron sputtering technique deposit insulating, conducting and semiconductors.
9. Vapour Liquid Solid (VLS) used for well aligned semiconducting nanorods/nanowires.
10. Electron beam evaporation used for deposition of metals seed on different substrates.
11. Electrothermal technique for synthesis of metallic nanowires.
Expertise & Equipment Used:
1. X-Ray Diffractometer (XRD) for structural measurements.
2. Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) for morphology of nanowires and nanorods.
3. Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) including HRTEM and SAED, EELS and mapping for structural and morphological studies of nanostructured materials.
4. Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) for surface analysis of non-conducting materials.
5. Scanning Tunneling Microscope (STM) for surface studies of conducting systems.
6. Vibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM) for magnetic properties.
7. Physical Properties Measuring System (PPMS) for magnetic measurements.
8. X-ray Photoelectron Microscope (XPS) for electronic and chemical properties.
9. Photoluminescence (PL) spectroscopy for bandgap and defects studies of semiconductors.
10. Raman Spectroscopy for vibration modes of solid materials.
11. P-E hysteresis curves measurements for understanding of ferroelectricity.
12. 4-probe and 2-probe measurements for dielectric and DC resistivity properties.
13. Hall Measurements for semiconducting n-type and p-type materials.
14. UV/VIS Photospectrometer for absorption, transmission and reflectance spectroscopy.