Dr. Rizwan Khalid
Head of Department
Department of Physics
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
+92 51 9085 5586
High Energy Physics
PhD, Physics (Delaware, USA)
- 2006–2011 PhD (Theoretical Particle Physics), University of Delaware, Newark DE USA, CGPA 4.00/4.00.
- 2003–2005 MSc (Physics), Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad Pakistan.
- 1999–2003 BS (Electronic Engineering), GIK Institute, Topi Pakistan.
Teaching and Research Positions:
- I am currently employed as an Assistant Professor at the School of Natural Sciences (SNS) of the National University of Sciences & Technology in Islamabad,Pakistan.
- My research is focused on predictions from supersymmetric (SUSY) grand unified theories (GUTs) within the context of supergravity mediated SUSY breaking. I have shown in my research how one may obtain information about the underlying (high energy) GUT theory by studying the (low energy) physics at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and other experiments (PAMELA and CDMS).
- SNS, I have taught postgraduate courses on Quantum Mechanics, Electromagnetism and Quantum Field Theory. In addition, I have set up a teaching lab for the undergraduate program and am responsible for its smooth running.
- University of Delaware, I was the course instructor for PHYS 202 (intro Physics for pre-Med) in Winter 2009, for PHYS 208 (intro Physics for science and engineering) in Winter 2011 and have been a “Teaching Assistant” for several courses.
Honours and Awards:
- University of Delaware, Recipient of the Graduate Fellowship for 2010-2011.
- Quaid-i-Azam University, Recipient of the Daicar-Bata Award for the Best Student Paper in Physics for 2010.
- Quaid-i-Azam University, Recipient of the Daicar-Bata Award for the Highest GPA in my class.
- Quaid-i-Azam University, Graduated at the top of my class.
- GIK Institute, Graduated with an “A” grade.
- GIK Institute, HEC Talent Farming Scheme Scholarship.
- GIK Institute, Recipient of the IEEE Award for the Best Senior Year Design Project.
- GIK Institute, Graduated with 157 credit hours as against required 134 credit hours.
- GIK Institute, On the Dean’s Honor Roll.
- GIK Institute, HEC Scholarship for IT.
- High energy theory: Keywords, MSSM Spectroscopy, Dark Matter, GUT theories
- Mureed Hussain (PhD) 2012
- Ibrar Hussain (MPhil) 2013
||Ilia Gogoladzea, Rizwan Khalid, Shabbar Raza, and Qaisar Shafi, Top Quark and Higgs Boson Masses in Supersymmetric Models, Journal of High Energy Physics, 2014, IF 5.618|
||Bhaskar Duttaa, Ilia Gogoladzea, Rizwan Khalid, and Qaisar Shaf, 3.5 keV X-ray line and R-Parity Conserving Supersymmetry, Journal of High Energy Physics, Volume 2014, 2014, IF 6.22|
||Ilia Gogoladze, Rizwan Khalid, Yukihiro Mimura, and Qaisar Shafi. Direct and Indirect Detection and LHC Signals of Bino-Higgsino Dark Matter. Phys.Rev., D83:095007, 2011.|
||Ilia Gogoladze, Rizwan Khalid, Nobuchika Okada, and Qaisar Shafi. Soft Probes of SU(5) Unification. Phys. Rev., D79:095022, 2009.|
||Ilia Gogoladze, Rizwan Khalid, Shabbar Raza, and Qaisar Shafi. CDMS II Inspired Neutralino Dark Matter in Flipped SU(5). Mod. Phys. Lett., A25:3371–3379, 2010.|
||Ilia Gogoladze, Rizwan Khalid, Shabbar Raza, and Qaisar Shafi. t-b- Yukawa unification for μ < 0 with a sub-TeV sparticle spectrum. JHEP, 12:055, 2010.|
||Ilia Gogoladze, Rizwan Khalid, Shabbar Raza, and Qaisar Shafi. Higgs and Sparticle Spectroscopy with Gauge-Yukawa Unification. JHEP, 1106:117, 2011.|
||Ilia Gogoladze, Rizwan Khalid, and Qaisar Shafi. Coannihilation Scenarios and Particle Spectroscopy in SU(4)c × SU(2)L × SU(2)R. Phys. Rev., D80:095016, 2009.|
||Ilia Gogoladze, Rizwan Khalid, and Qaisar Shafi. Yukawa Unification and Neutralino Dark Matter in SU(4)c × SU(2)L × SU(2)R. Phys. Rev., D79:115004, 2009.|
||Ilia Gogoladze, Rizwan Khalid, Qaisar Shafi, and Hasan Yuksel. CMSSM Spectroscopy in light of PAMELA and ATIC. Phys. Rev., D79:055019, 2009.|
- Applied Physics (PHY 111)
- Electrodynamics (MATH 477)
- Quantum Mechanics (PHY 803)
- Electromagnetism (PHY 805)
- Quantum Field Theory - I (PHY 902)