Dr. Muhammad Ilyas Chishti
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
School of Natural Sciences, H-12 Islamabad
English Linguistics/Applied Linguistics
PhD, English Linguistics (NUML, Pakistan)
- ,2015.(NUML Islamabad)
PhD In English Linguistics
- M. A. In English,2003. (BZU Multan)
Teaching, Research & Work Experience:
Assistant Professor (Sep 2015-Present) ,School of Natural Sciences, National University of Sciences and Technology
Assistant Director Publication & Communication (Jan 2012-Sep 2015), National University of Sciences and Technology
Lecturer (Feb 2011- Jan 2012), Riphah International University, Islamabad
Lecturer (Sep 2006-Feb 2011), HITEC, Taxila Cantt
Teacher English O’ levels (Mar 2005-Feb 2006, Feb 2004-Oct 2004), Bloomfield Hall School, D. G. Khan
- Lecturer English & Coordinator
(Oct 2004- Mar 2005), D. P. S. & College, D. G. Khan
Visiting Faculty, International Islamic University, Islamabad
Visiting Faculty, (Nov 2010-Apr 2011), University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila
- Visiting Faculty, (Sep 2016-Jan 2017) (Feb 2017-Jun 2017), Foundation University, Islamabad.
- GEC (Guidance and Evaluation Committee) Member at Air University Islamabad, NUML Islamabad, International Islamic University Islamabad, Foundation University Islamabad, Riphah International University Faisalabad, SBK Women University Quetta.
- Actedas a ‘Judge’ for consecutive four years at All Pakistan Allama Iqbal Bilingual Declamation conducted by HEC
- Acted as a 'Judge' at N2DC (NUST National Declamation Championship 2016)
- Has the honour of acting as a ‘Judge’ in various inter-university Na’at & Debate Competitions
- Has the honour of being selected in top 10 out of 3500 Contestants in a Reality Show ‘Anchor#1’ at Waqt TV which aimed at hunting for Anchor#1 among Pakistani YouthAn Article “An Insight into Sufi Beliefs” published in “The NUSTIAN”, Literary Magazine of NUST in 2012
- Conducted National Seerat Conference at NUST twice as Master of the Ceremony
- Under his mentorship as a Faculty Sponsor NUST Dramatics Club, NDC brought laurels to NUST by winning NUML Drama Festival 2017 and remaining runners-up at GIKI All-Pakistan Performing Arts Competition 2017.
- Topped in Husn-e-Na’at contests for consecutive four years in Punjab Boys Scouts Association
- Topped in Debates for consecutive four years in Punjab Boys Scouts Association
- Topped in Speech Contest in Pakistan Navy, COMKAR Command
- Ex-Editor “NUSTXTRA”-Co-curricular Activities Supplement of National University of Sciences & Technology
- An article “Excuse Me!” published in “The Literary Horizon”, a literary journal of BZU, D. G. Khan campus in 2003.
- Was selected as Parade Commander in Z-Batch Passing-out Parade (Pak Navy)
- Certificate of Commendable Performance for Phenomenal Organization of Annual ECA as Programme Coordinator from HITEC Taxila Cantt.
- Coordinated a mega programme on the former President of Pakistan Gen. Pervez Musharraf’s visit to HITEC, Taxila Cantt.
- Coordinated a mega event on Mrs.Former Chief of Army Staff General Ishfaq Pervez Kiyani’s visit to HITEC
- Wrote and directed a comical stage drama ‘Saraiki Language Course’ that was presented on Mrs. Former Chairman Joint Chief of Staff’s visit to HITEC, Taxila Cantt.
- Directed & staged Shakespearean Tragedy ‘Julius Caesar’ that was presented on Mrs. Former Chairman Joint Chief of Staff’s visit to HITEC, Taxila Cantt
- Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA)
- Applied Linguistics
- Socio Linguistics
- Atta-ur-Rehman (Foundation University Islamabad)
- Tahir Afzal (Foundation University Islamabad)
- Maryam Tariq (Foundation University Islamabad)
- Sadia Mueen (Foundation University Islamabad)
||M. I. Chishti, and S. A. Qadir, “Tracing “Local” Cultural and Ideological Dimensions in Schimmel’s Pain and Grace: A Critical Discourse Analysis”. Kashmir Journal of Language Research. Volume 18 (1). pp 75-91(2015).(Categorized as a Y-Category Journal by HEC)|
||M. I. Chishti, M. Aslam and A. Qadeer, “Subjective Stance, Embedded Ideological Clues and Social Representations in Schimmel’s Interpretations: A Critical Discourse Enquiry”. Bulletin of Education and Research. Vol.38 (||) pp 265-280 (2016). (Categorized as a Y-Category Journal by HEC)|
||M. I. Chishti and M. Aslam, “Marked Cultural Cues, Folk Traditions and Social Representations Embedded within Schimmel’s As through a Veil”. NUML Journal of Critical Inquiry. Vol. 14 (||) pp 55-69 (2016). (Categorized as a Y-Category Journal by HEC)|
||A. Tahir, M. I. Chishti. and A. Qadeer, “Role of Senior Colleagues in Socialization of Beginning English Teachers”.FWU Journal of Social Sciences. (Categorized as an X-Category Journal by HEC)|
||A.Qadeer, W. Shehzad and M.I. Chishti, "Print Media Practices in the Representation of Political Discourse in Pakistan". NUML Journal of Critical Inquiry. (Categorized as a Y-Category Journal by HEC)|
||A.Qadeer, A. Tahir and M. I. Chishti,"Role of Pakistani Media Discourse in Shaping the Public Perception through Linguistic Devices". Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences.(Categorized as a Y-Category Journal by HEC)|
- Technical Writing
- Technical & Business Writing
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Professional Ethics
MS English Linguistics (Evening Program Taught at Foundation University)
- Language, Power and Identity