To support the academic vision and mission of NUST and to provide quality mental health services, through trained and qualified professionals.
Based on a commitment to help our community, as well as enhancing their social, personal, and ethical development, our mission evolves fostering individual success, engagement, and well-being through the following
- Providing a high quality professional counselling service to students who experience educational, social, emotional, personal, psychological or adjustment problems which inhibit academic performance and personal development.
- Continually reviewing and evaluating practice and pursuing new initiatives which address the changing needs of the University community.
- Providing professional consultation to faculty, fostering awareness of the emotional and psychological aspects of learning.
- Using knowledge gained through counselling, help the University identify and address areas of stress.
- Helping students determine their strengths and weaknesses and identifying aptitudes thereby helping them make the right career choice.
- Assisting students in occupational exploration and personal life planning.
- Crisis intervention and emergency response through cooperative arrangements with other community resources.
- Guiding students develop into productive human beings.