- Academic year at NUST starts in Fall every year
- Admissions are given on merit only.
- Admission can be sought either on the basis of NUST Entry Test (NET) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) for which limited seats are available.
- While Pakistani nationals (including dual nationality holders) can opt for both NET and SAT, foreign nationals can only apply for international seats on SAT basis.
- NET is conducted at three locations, that is Islamabad (NUST Campus), Karachi and Quetta.
- At Islamabad the Test is conducted in computer-based format. In Karachi and Quetta it is in paper-based format.
- Computer-based test is designed in accordance with the internationally practiced system of on-line examinations. It is easy to attempt with minimal practice.
- NET is compiled from text books prescribed for HSSC courses. Candidates preparing for NET are advised to consult all relavent text books of various boards of education.
- Instructions to attempt computer-based entry test and sample test are available on NUST website for guidance.
- The pattern and the standard of question papers for both types of tests is the same.
- The computer based test at Islamabad will be conducted in three series according to the following schedule:
- First Series (NET-1) - 1 Dec to 13 Dec 2016
- Second Series (NET-2) - 1 Apr 2017 onwards
- Third Series (NET-3) - July 2017
- The schedule of paper based test to be conducted in Karachi and Quetta in second and third series is as follows:-
Second Series (NET-2) - 10-11 April 2017
Third Series (NET-3) - July 2017
- Candidates can appear in entry test more than once to improve their score with the proviso that during a series test can only be taken once for a particular discipline. In case of multiple attempts the best score will be considered for admission.
- For computer-based NET, candidates can choose the date and session of test from the available schedule.
- The result of NET will remain valid for the current admission cycle culminating in Fall 2017.
FA / FSc stream candidates should have passed HSSC Part-I exam.
A level students should have obtained minimum 60% marks as per equivalence of O level certificate issued by IBCC.
- Application Processing Fee for entry test will be charged as follows:-
For NUST Entry Test (per exam) - Rs. 3000/- or USD 35/-
For SAT Candidate
SAT (National seat) - Rs.3500/- or USD 40/-
SAT (International seat) - Rs.7000/- or USD 80/-
- Application processing fee is neither refundable nor transferable. It will remain valid only for the series for which it has been paid.
- For registration, possession of Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC), Form B or National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) is mandatory.
- Upon admission, the University will register the student’s name as per his/her Matric or O level equivalence certificate (SSC), duly issued by IBCC and same will be used for every university document.